R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Best way to fight red light camera ticket

Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #21
magnew is on a distinguished road
magnew's Tacoma Gallery
don pay

You don't have to pay it. It is a legal document and unless it is handed to you buy a legal representitive or you sign for it, they can do nothing to you. Take a pic of your check made out to them and send that to them. At least thats how it is here in CO. They just did an expo on the local news a few weeks ago.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #22
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
The best method is to take a hacksaw and cut down the camera pole, hit it over the head to knock it out, then drag it into the woods, dig a 6.5 foot deep hole, and bury it.
A deep hole is key. You always hear on the news "found in a shallow grave", not "found in a deep-ass-motherfucking-hole".

Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, really? "Man up" and "balls up" for a red light ticket?

For the record, I was making a left, and was entirely in the intersection when the light turned red. I thought the camera malfunctioned while I was making a turn because I didn't think I had ran the light. The ticket says I crossed the "magic red line" 0.2 seconds after the light turned red. If an officer had seen me performing the left turn, he wouldn't have cared. The camera-nazi on the other hand, shows no mercy.

The ticket isn't $50, it's $240 and that's a mega PITA. I also don't understand why I'm getting antagonized for asking a simple question by mofos that aren't even in AZ. I made a judgement call not to slam on the breaks and have to back up out of the intersection and go through it. That's entirely reasonable.

/rant
Old 10-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
it sucks and .2 seconds is stupid, but in the code of conduct of the site we cant be all "don't pay that shit!" and "screw the law!"
Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #25
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
if u actually read what the web site says about the ticket it is not a big deal! $50, thats it! Because it was caught on camera by a traffic light and there is no evidence it was u, it is ruled a moving violation which CANNOT go on ur record. Like i said $50, come on dude!
y brother got one and it was $550 after all the fees they tack on, and a girl i work with got one and it was closer to $600.

i got a ticket (fought it and won) and the fine was only supposed to be $50 but the city and state put fees on that came out to $325
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #26
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
In that case, I retract my previous statement, I read the guy saying it was only 50$ and figured he knew what he was talking about. For shit like that, I usually just pay it and be on my way, for me to take a day off of work to go fight it on principle I'd lose way more coin. But if its high like that, by all means, go kick some ass.

(I wasn't kidding about the hacksaw though, those things are fucking nuisances )
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #27
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dont pay, shred the ticket.

they will send someone to your door and they have to personally serve you within 3 months. (no one ever came to my door the 2 times) if they do get served they just have to prove its not them. done that too.

step mom has done it several times also cause the truck is in my dads name
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #28
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
If you were driving, but it's registered to your parent, the parent it's registered to can send in a copy of their license and say I don't know who was driving.

Or, you can just ignore it. The system has been pretty backed up for a while. They won't be sending someone to your door.

Been there, done that. Never heard anything in 3 years.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #29
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfInferno View Post
y brother got one and it was $550 after all the fees they tack on, and a girl i work with got one and it was closer to $600.

i got a ticket (fought it and won) and the fine was only supposed to be $50 but the city and state put fees on that came out to $325
if you fought it and won, why did you pay $325?

Also, I'm not saying "Screw the law." Cameras are not cops, they're tools used by the city to generate revenue. They're also heavily biased against corporate and government cars to the point that if a vehicle is owned by a company (or the government), the company gets an angry letter and nothing else. The whole thing is a sham and should be made unconstitutional. The number of fender benders I used to see every morning was EXTREME after the speed cameras were put on the 10 just south of phoenix. Traffic naturally ebbs and flows, especially on the freeway. There was a section that the average pace of traffic got up to maybe 75. After the cameras came in, people started slamming on the brakes as they approached that corner, and then immediately gunned it after passing the cameras.

Some might argue that I should just "Drive right" and "Learn my lesson". How about no? My timing was off by 0.2 seconds. I'd be willing to bet a million dollars that NO accidents have been caused by a 0.2 second incursion into an intersection.

Regardless of the outcome, I need to get a new hacksaw...
Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #30

MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATriplett513 View Post
If you were driving, but it's registered to your parent, the parent it's registered to can send in a copy of their license and say I don't know who was driving.

Or, you can just ignore it. The system has been pretty backed up for a while. They won't be sending someone to your door.

Been there, done that. Never heard anything in 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
dont pay, shred the ticket.

they will send someone to your door and they have to personally serve you within 3 months. (no one ever came to my door the 2 times) if they do get served they just have to prove its not them. done that too.

step mom has done it several times also cause the truck is in my dads name
Quote:
In that case, I retract my previous statement, I read the guy saying it was only 50$ and figured he knew what he was talking about. For shit like that, I usually just pay it and be on my way, for me to take a day off of work to go fight it on principle I'd lose way more coin. But if its high like that, by all means, go kick some ass.

(I wasn't kidding about the hacksaw though, those things are fucking nuisances )

Now that's the tacomaworld I know. Helpful advice from like-minded people.
lol
Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i thought the camera's were shut off there....
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #32

MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
i thought the camera's were shut off there....
I forgot to finish my story. They did just recently shut off all the speed cameras on the 10 and traffic just flows better now. Well, it flows better when it's not rush hour.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #33
I have a shovel and no one will miss you...
TidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant futureTidalWave has a brilliant future

Name: Mendy
TidalWave's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I got the same thing when I asked about speed cameras...."man up" "slow down" etc. Etc. All very productive....Sounds like in your case, you were in a situation we have all been in at some time. Waiting for traffic to ease up.

City of Mesa served me, and I read that some cities tack on fees for having to serve you.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #34
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyvR View Post
Now that's the tacomaworld I know. Helpful advice from like-minded people.
lol
Mine was mostly meant in humour

On a completely unrelated note, I have a hacksaw for sale... 45$ Shipped??
Old 10-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #35
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you fought it and won, why did you pay $325
i didn't pay the $325, they sent me the ticket saying i could fight it or just pay $325. i sent in a letter saying I'm not guilty and this is why and the judge agreed.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 AM   #36
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you fought it and won, why did you pay $325?

Also, I'm not saying "Screw the law." Cameras are not cops, they're tools used by the city to generate revenue. They're also heavily biased against corporate and government cars to the point that if a vehicle is owned by a company (or the government), the company gets an angry letter and nothing else. The whole thing is a sham and should be made unconstitutional. The number of fender benders I used to see every morning was EXTREME after the speed cameras were put on the 10 just south of phoenix. Traffic naturally ebbs and flows, especially on the freeway. There was a section that the average pace of traffic got up to maybe 75. After the cameras came in, people started slamming on the brakes as they approached that corner, and then immediately gunned it after passing the cameras.

Some might argue that I should just "Drive right" and "Learn my lesson". How about no? My timing was off by 0.2 seconds. I'd be willing to bet a million dollars that NO accidents have been caused by a 0.2 second incursion into an intersection.

Regardless of the outcome, I need to get a new hacksaw...
Were you .2 in to the red, or yellow? Yellow, I can understand, red, you had the yellow to warn you. If you were in to the red and you think that it is only .2 seconds, where does one draw the line? .3 seconds? .5 seconds? 1 second?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Were you .2 in to the red, or yellow? Yellow, I can understand, red, you had the yellow to warn you. If you were in to the red and you think that it is only .2 seconds, where does one draw the line? .3 seconds? .5 seconds? 1 second?
I usually draw the line once perpendicular traffic has started crossing my path
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #38
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The best method is to take a hacksaw and cut down the camera pole, hit it over the head to knock it out, then drag it into the woods, dig a 6.5 foot deep hole, and bury it.

Go home, drink a few beers to ease the jitters of that murder you just committed and go to bed.

When it's time for court, go in and pretend like nothing ever happened. When the camera doesn't show up to testify, you get off scott free.

Except now you'll be haunted with the guilt of what you've done for the rest of your life.

You will have long sleepless nights as the final images of his face flash across your memory.

You will turn to drugs and alcohol to cope, eventually turning against your own friends and loved ones because they don't understand. And you can't tell them either, for fear of how they'll judge you.

Thats one option, option 2) Man up, its not that fucking expensive.
You've never been to Phoenix I gather
Old 11-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #39
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Sometimes I think it's acceptable...red lights at the bottom of a hill or in a high-speed zone. I'm more liable to cause a wreck slamming on my brakes and possibly skidding than hitting the light as it turns red and my truck is already halfway through the intersection.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #40
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Just ignore it. They have to actually serve you to make you pay it in AZ. The red light and speed cameras are not state ran. Its a private company so they have to actually serve you in person to make you pay to prove you received the ticket. Just dont awnser your door anymore and if anyone asks if your "your name" just say no and walk off. LoL