R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

moderate trails in flagstaff?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
moderate trails in flagstaff?

so im headed up to flagstaff friday night, staying the eve, and planning on driving some scening routes/mildly wheeling saturday. does anyone know of any good drives to take right around flagstaff? im looking for something relatively mild, im running a 4x4 with billies at 1.75'' up front with 265/75/16s, no trail armor. i will most likely be alone, so nothing too aggressive, but would like to dirty the taco up a bit.

thanks

also, if anyone would like to join, let me know
Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the cinders. I usually go there around new years and play in the snow. I'll be up in flagstaff a week from today.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't wheeled up there much but took Schultz pass awhile ago and it was cool! Way easy scenic drive but youll get dirty! Maybe they'll get a light snow while you're up there. Can't really remember where it is but it's on the way to snowbowl.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
I live in flagstaff and there is a winter weather advisory for Friday and Saturday. I would join you but I work on Saturday
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
We should get a trip together. I've read about both Schultz and the Cinders but I've never been to either one! I'm always down to mob around somewhere new, as long as I know what to expect more or less.
x2 to that, id be up for a run within the next few weekends
Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i know the cinders real well, but i wont take my truck there.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i know the cinders real well, but i wont take my truck there.
I know it well for the most part. I've only ever done snow runs up there. I'll be up there probably for an annual new years trip. We usually run the cinders, but sometimes we'll go else where, like sedona. I might make a stop there on Friday next week and do a little bit of wheeling, but we'll see how things play out. I'll be i flag thursday night and all day friday.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Flag.

Schultz Pass is a fun trail, and there's a hill that you can take that's a turn off the left. It's a nice hill climb that leads to some fire roads. Or, on the same road (at the fork for schultz) you can go up to Mt. Elden. It's not too hard of a drive, but the view at the top is amazing.

Lake Mary can be fun too. If you head towards Lake Mary, you'll see a bigass hill on the road, at the base of it is a turnoff to the right. It's a fun place to mess around, definitely nothing too hard there.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I know it well for the most part. I've only ever done snow runs up there. I'll be up there probably for an annual new years trip. We usually run the cinders, but sometimes we'll go else where, like sedona. I might make a stop there on Friday next week and do a little bit of wheeling, but we'll see how things play out. I'll be i flag thursday night and all day friday.

never been there in the snow. but i know with out snow and mud terrains i wouldnt have paint by the time i left there.

but i sure do miss that place... dont go much since i sold my dirtbike.

only thing i dont miss about it is the lava rock, man that shit hurts when you crash. worse than pavement.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Nick , sounds like 2-8" of snow up north man!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Hey Nick , sounds like 2-8" of snow up north man!
i saw that, should be fun! turns out im headed up tomorrow night instead, will be going out sunday. anybody gonna be around?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Is it really narrow or something?
its all gravel with sharp edges
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
FlagSStaff is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
FlagSStaff's Tacoma Gallery
We got a decent amount of snow the past week or so... too bad I didn't see this thread sooner!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be up there tomorrow and Friday. Might do some light wheeling Friday since I'm pretty booked for tomorrow night.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
A little late to the party but....

Not really much in the name of trails in flag. You can drive up elden and it's a great view of the east side. thousands of miles of forest roads to check out. Most end up leading to some pretty cool spots. The cinders has the typical "off-road park" to offer I guess.

Most of the "Wheeling" we did when I was living in flag was down in sedona.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
A little late to the party but....

Not really much in the name of trails in flag. You can drive up elden and it's a great view of the east side. thousands of miles of forest roads to check out. Most end up leading to some pretty cool spots. The cinders has the typical "off-road park" to offer I guess.

Most of the "Wheeling" we did when I was living in flag was down in sedona.
I usually go to the cinders when in flag. Sedona has some awesome spots as well. BTW, are you at ASU this year? Thought I saw you driving on University a little while back, making a turn into one of the parking garages. I was walking to catch the lgihtrail and get my truck.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I usually go to the cinders when in flag. Sedona has some awesome spots as well. BTW, are you at ASU this year? Thought I saw you driving on University a little while back, making a turn into one of the parking garages. I was walking to catch the lgihtrail and get my truck.
yeah, i hit up schnebly hill road in sedona on the way back, only drove about 1/2 of it (was by myself and didnt have much time) but it was nice. yep im back as asu...might have been me. im usually just on apache, though. i park in the neighborhood west of campus and longboard in.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
yeah, i hit up schnebly hill road in sedona on the way back, only drove about 1/2 of it (was by myself and didnt have much time) but it was nice. yep im back as asu...might have been me. im usually just on apache, though. i park in the neighborhood west of campus and longboard in.
Lol, i know you're at ASU. I meant Adam He was at NAU for a while...anyways, sounds like fun I'm still stuck parking at that damn light rail station. I have a couple of places I found including an apartment structure off of rural and also a lot (can be parked in once the guy who owns it leaves), right next to the parking lot just north of PV Main. Also I think a lot of people park in the church parking lot without a pass off of college and university, but I haven't tried that one out yet. Not sure which neighbourhood you're at. I know there's one south of Apache I've parked in before.