R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Shumans...

Old 11-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Real quick, is the alignment place everyone recommends called Shumans Auto Clinic on Rio Salado and the 101 in Tempe??

Getting my front end aligned and wanna make sure I'm going to the right place lol
Yeah. They've done really good by me. Get your alignment print out! There was 1 member who they didnt do a good job on, so check your shit.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I've gone there per Chris 4x4 and they were spot on!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
They got me as close to spec as possible and in and out of there in an hour for $60 bucks.

"Bear" (that's the guy's name) had issues with my LCA bolts on the passenger side and wasn't able to adjust it... Apparently all the mud, snow, road salt, water, sand, dust, rocks, clay, and other such types of matter I've driven over/through is not good for metal hardware and the bolts are seized. He tried for over 20 minutes to get it to budge, but it just wouldn't, and at that point they were afraid they were going to break the bolt so they stopped.

To fix it, they told me to soak it with penetrating oil once a day for the next month or so, and then I can take it back to them and they'll torch it, beat on it, and swear at it, then get a 6-foot cheater bar and hook it to a 15,000lb winch and they think it should come loose.

No more "\-[]-/" though!!

This is as close as they could get it. Passenger side is obviously still out of spec but not by too much.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Caster of .2* and .1*!????? Thast horrible!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Sorry man.....You must be running stock UCA's?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Had them adjust my caster to 2.5-3 and was much better but I also have burg UCA's. That was the only way to stop rubbing on the pinch weld too! Soak that shit in PB Blaster, that stuff REALLY works!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Yep but they actually said the biggest issue was the inability to adjust the passenger side LCA... do you think I'll start breaking shit if I don't get UCAs soon?
No, You'll be fine, just you will ahve wandering issues on some local streets.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #13

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
What size? 285's or 255's? The wider 285's will give you the most rubb! You'll def need to cut out alot of the plastic liner and a cab mount chop if you plan on wheeling and stuffing them! The liner cuts easy with a utility knife.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #14
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
What size? 285's or 255's? The wider 285's will give you the most rubb! You'll def need to cut out alot of the plastic liner and a cab mount chop if you plan on wheeling and stuffing them! The liner cuts easy with a utility knife.
33x11.5" M/Ts (285s), and I wheel the shit out of my truck. I have 2.5" of lift up front and 3" in the back, and I don't really have much plastic left under there (at least in the front) thanks to my tubular bumper. What do you mean by cab mount chop? I've seen guys bash in a seam weld that sticks out but never seen anyone have to cut in to the cab.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #15

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, the cab mount is the first thing it will rub....but maybe not, depends! The seam weld is also the winch weld and some haven't needed to touch it but I did!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
If your tires are anything close to mine, you should be ok man. All I had to do was trim the plastic fender liner. I still get SOME rubbing, but Its at full stuff. Full turn doesn't even rub.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
You know your neighbor does alignments everyday..just sayin lol. Caster won't wear tires or anything at all. Does it wanna drift left? It should by the specs its set at. Caster doesn't do much except help with road crown , and make it easier to turn. Most cars are 2.5-4.5 for caster. Chrysler 300s,chargers and challengers have like 12 degrees of caster to make turning easier. All of em like to drift with road crown since they have alot of caster
Old 11-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
You know your neighbor does alignments everyday..just sayin lol. Caster won't wear tires or anything at all. Does it wanna drift left? It should by the specs its set at. Caster doesn't do much except help with road crown , and make it easier to turn. Most cars are 2.5-4.5 for caster. Chrysler 300s,chargers and challengers have like 12 degrees of caster to make turning easier. All of em like to drift with road crown since they have alot of caster
DOH! I would've hit you up had I known that lol. Good to hear, and yeah the truck likes to drift to one side. Before it didn't track either left or right, which is weird. Either way I don't really care. It seems to "float" more now than it did before also, which kinda bugs me. Regardless, new tires going on tomorrow!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Ya, I've gone there per Chris 4x4 and they were spot on!
x2