R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

help me not get scammed...going to check out some wheels

Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #21
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
No, but you'll need a strap kit or to program in new ones didn't know if you knew that. I believe discount sells the kit
Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
really? why? same size rim as my old ones...
Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #23
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
really? why? same size rim as my old ones...
Different angle on the valve stem holes. You can try to flip them but everyone told me flipping them makes them more prone to breakage when you install or remove a tire from a rim. Don't know if that's true or not but I just made a pvc air chamber and put my TPMS sensors in it to bypass the light. I lived just fine before TPMS, it's nice to have but not absolutely needed.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Different angle on the valve stem holes. You can try to flip them but everyone told me flipping them makes them more prone to breakage when you install or remove a tire from a rim. Don't know if that's true or not but I just made a pvc air chamber and put my TPMS sensors in it to bypass the light. I lived just fine before TPMS, it's nice to have but not absolutely needed.
fuuuu...so fashioned something to make them work? or just so they wouldnt break? mind me asking how you did this (a little more in depth)? was it tough? ugh, i dont want to deal with these damn things!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #25
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
fuuuu...so fashioned something to make them work? or just so they wouldnt break? mind me asking how you did this (a little more in depth)? was it tough? ugh, i dont want to deal with these damn things!
You can basically build a pressurized chamber and air it up to 30 PSI. They don't "work" - as in they don't monitor tire pressure anymore. The chamber is just so the annoing TPMS dash light stays off.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-pipebomb.html

There are alternatives, like the wheel strap kit that someone else mentioned. No experience with those. You can also pay like $125/pc for alloy-compatible sensors as well...
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
You can basically build a pressurized chamber and air it up to 30 PSI. They don't "work" - as in they don't monitor tire pressure anymore. The chamber is just so the annoing TPMS dash light stays off.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-pipebomb.html

There are alternatives, like the wheel strap kit that someone else mentioned. No experience with those. You can also pay like $125/pc for alloy-compatible sensors as well...

If you build a chamber do not make it out of steel ( I did it and it would not pick them up through the metal ).
If you use plastic make sure it is PVC sch. 40 at least. Do not use ABS it is not made for that kind of pressure needed.
PM me and I can elaborate a bit. Worse thing is you get the light all the time if you don't put them in.