R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

help me not get scammed...going to check out some wheels

Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
help me not get scammed...going to check out some wheels

so i found a smoking deal ($120) on craigslist on some trd wheels that a guy claims came off his truck when he got new rims. because this sounds so ridiculously low, im somewhat wary. what can i do to make sure i dont get screwed with junk/ a bent rim or something? any tips? also, i have the base model 16'' steel wheels. can i use those lugs with the trd wheels? thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It should be fairly clear if they are jacked up! there should be weights on the rim if it was balanced! Set it on flat or as flat of a surface that you can find and check the lip of the rim and see if it is flush all the way around the rim, do that on both sides of the rims.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
They could be fine . Maybe just not a gouging dipshit .
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of the wheels?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure hes not selling them...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gre...aul530-too.htm
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
I got these from a guy here on TW about 6 months ago for $125 for the set.
Attached Thumbnails
help me not get scammed...going to check out some wheels-dscn1906.jpg  
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
huh?

thanks for the replies everyone, im gonna go see them this weekend. does it sound too anal to ask to take them to a shop and get them checked before i buy em? would this be relatively cheap?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Just inspect them they should be fine.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Like Gelo760 says, I dont think that you have to much to be scared of..
Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #11
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Those came from me! Glad you like them and they look good!

OP: Do not let a good deal fool you into thinking someone is out to bone you. Hell, I have given stuff away! I am a firm believer in Karma..and if you don't hose people, they won't hose you. I think my asking price was fair for the wheels I sold to Claymore and clearly he thought it was fair. We both won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore21 View Post
I got these from a guy here on TW about 6 months ago for $125 for the set.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to pick those wheels up on my way thru Phx from Sema last weekend but decided to pass since I realy don't need them.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

i dont really need them either, just want to get rid of these ugly ass base model ones. and for under $200 new rims mounted and balanced i cant really pass it up.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #15
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
It was a killer deal. Did you end up picking them up?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

gonna check em out this weekend.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think it's worth checking them out
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

guy was cool, just got new rims on his 2010 and didnt need these. aside from 2 good sized chips/nicks, they are in awesome shape...cant wait to get em on! (got em with lugs and center caps too)

Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
do you plan on retaining your tpms?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #20
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
do you plan on retaining your tpms?
im not sure yet. why, are you looking for some?