Notices

New AZ Taco Owner

Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Arizona Rob is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 4T0X1 - Medical
Arizona Rob's Tacoma Gallery
New AZ Taco Owner

Greetings TW!

I just bought a 2005 TRD Off-Road 2 wheel drive and am looking to start modding! I have seen a few places in the valley for buying mods such as Desert Rat and wanted to see if anyone here had some used stuff I can buy.

I want to get wheels and tires to start then do a lift. I dont really plan on doing much maybe some light off-roading such as trips out to Bloody Basin, Salt River, and the way out towards Canon lake for camping etc. I am thinking maybe a 1.5in lift or something to make it look a little more natural with 17s on it.

Ive tried Craigslist and looked around here a bunch but no luck finding anything so I figured I would try here.

Thank,
Rob
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Alabami
Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings friend. I have had some work done at desert rat and they didn't do it right the first time and didn't give me my stock components back like I asked. I had to get them myself and it took an outrageously long time for them to complete the work. But other guys have had no trouble with them so it's the luck of the draw. 4 wheel is a good place to go because they back their work for a few years. Jhey depends on what you want. If it's nothing extreme a lot of guys on here could help you do it. Look in the regional AZ page. Good luck amigo.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from AZ!

I will have some Eibach coils (1.6" lift) available for sale as soon as I install my new spindles.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from AZ!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, 4 wheel parts is the worst! You're better off getting help from fellow members who know exactly what to expect because we've put the same lifts on our trucks. There's plenty of mod days and people who could help. Read more in the suspension section and you'll learn lots, Welcome!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Man, sounds like every shop in the valley is hit or miss

Thanks for all the welcomes, appreciate it, didnt expect there to be this big of a Tacoma group to be honest!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Welcome from AZ!

I will have some Eibach coils (1.6" lift) available for sale as soon as I install my new spindles.
Since this is my first taco I dont know what exactly I will need but how much are you asking for them and how old/used are they?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw from mesa!

i will also have some bilstein 5100s and eibach coils for sale in like... idk how ever long it takes me to get front long travel haha. so cortland first then me!

i also have some tires.... but.. they are a bit big for 1.6 inches of lift i think.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Eric he is. Second gen
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
arent the shocks the same???

shit.....im probably wrong here lol
Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #15
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sierra Expeditions. Supports the Taco community.

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/

My truck goes in at the end of the month for a ton of stuff. When it comes out, I will have a Avid OR light bar. I will give you the fellow veteran discount.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Greetings friend. I have had some work done at desert rat and they didn't do it right the first time and didn't give me my stock components back like I asked. I had to get them myself and it took an outrageously long time for them to complete the work. But other guys have had no trouble with them so it's the luck of the draw. 4 wheel is a good place to go because they back their work for a few years. Jhey depends on what you want. If it's nothing extreme a lot of guys on here could help you do it. Look in the regional AZ page. Good luck amigo.
I have had the exact same thing happen to me at desert rat. pissed me off. I try to do most of the modding myself now.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #17
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Not sure if someone threw this out there already but sierra expeditions in tempe is a solid place to start.

I have a set of tsb leafs for sale if youre interested for a rear end lift of about 1.5 inches. sorry for the shameless plug.

Enjoy your taco!