1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Dealer

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by toyPreRunner, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    toyPreRunner

toyPreRunner [OP] LET'S GO JOE'S!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    West Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB PreRunner
    Does anyone know a good dealer in the west valley area that would give a good price on a trade in? (or east valley, I am willing to drive a little ways for a good deal)

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    My parents got good money for their trade for their f-250 for a new 2011 FJ at Big 2 Toyota in gilbert.

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    There is allways going to be less money available on a trade in.
    The dealer makes money by either selling their stuff high and giving you a fair price for your trade in or by lowering the price on their stuff and offering less on yours.
    Now the best deal for them is buy yours low and sell theirs high.
    So you pay a price for not having to deal with selling it on your own and all the work involved with that.
    Best of luck with your dealings.
    End of the month will help you as sales people are trying to keep their jobs and will deal more in your favor.

4. Nov 21, 2011 at 5:41 AM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    Here's what you do:

Send out an email to every Toyota dealership in the valley. Tell them what you are looking for and that you are looking for their absolute lowest price. Let them know that you are contacting every dealership within a 50 mile radius of your home. Let these dealerships work for you. Make them bid it out. Some of them will play... some of them won't. I traded in my 09 prerunner with 68k miles to Earnhardt Toyota this way. They gave me 21k for it. Only owed 24k, got a 2011 TRD OR 4x4 out the door 27k. I heard about someone else on here doing the same, that's where I got the idea from. Also, it's getting closer to the end of the year so they will want to clear out this 2011 stock.

Good Luck!

5. Nov 21, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Big two toyota in Gilbert hooked me up. Talk to Doug S. there. Good guy.. Tell him Colby sent you.

6. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    jtlachac08

jtlachac08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Phoenix, Az
    Working at a dealer, here's all you need to know..... It DOESN'T matter what they sell their cars/trucks for. All it matters is that they sold one, two, three, whatever. They get kick backs from the manufacture every month on their quantities, which exceed by far the amount on what they would have made in gross profit. So they dont care, but try for gross profit if they can that way they can get bonused from the GM. Just know what you want for your trade, and what you want to pay for your new purchase. DONT budge!!!!!! Whatever you do DONT budge. Its that simple.

7. Nov 21, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    toyPreRunner

toyPreRunner [OP] LET'S GO JOE'S!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    West Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB PreRunner
    thanks guys. looks like i have a few things i can try.

8. Nov 21, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Exactly what he said, dealerships have whats called holdback which is a large amount of profit that no one is told about that the dealership gets from the manufacturer once the vehical is sold. Also, what ever they offer for your trade in, nock it up a couple grand and work from there. They might not low ball you but there is a TON of profit to be made on used vehicals.

I got my 2010 O.T.D. with short throw shifter, exahust, and supercharger installed for 30.5K. Without that I could have gotten it for way less (way under MSRP.

Dont fall or the salesmans "friend" tactics. I told mine he was not my friend, I dont care about the food on his or family's plate, this is how much I want for my trade in, this is the truck I want for this price and these accessories I want, you dont have to sell me on the truck. Be a dick if you have to, get every red cent out of them you can because they will do the same to you.

OH, and dont walk in relying on toyota financing, have other options ready and avaliable before you walk in.

9. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    azvikefan

azvikefan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Rochester, MN
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4
    I've bought my last 3 Toyotas through my AAA auto buying service. No hassle what so ever and I know i got a great price because of my research.
    Bill Halvorson is his name. Easiest car buying ever.

First time poster from Chandler.
    2011 Sport dc.Timberland Mica.

Products Discussed in

To Top