R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Motorcycle Riders

Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona Motorcycle Riders

Hey all,
I thought we needed a TW Motorcycle riders page. We had a track day page but I figured we could start a page for all riders to get together, post up track days, rides, help needed, and bike nights.

Feel free to post up pics of you at the track, riding, or just your bike. Lets keep this SW local.

The day I picked up my 1198S at Motorcorsa in Portland, Or:

My 999S down in Tucson:

My 998 at my house in Vancouver Wa

My MV Agusta at my house in Vancouver Wa:

My old 2002 GSXR 1000 racebike while living in Japan, was practicing for the Motegi 7 hour endurance race, Motegi Twin Ring racetrack Motegi Japan:

My 2002 put back to street form and running on Pacific Raceways, Seattle Wa:
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
RACETRACKS

Here are a list of local race tracks and links:

ARIZONA MOTORSPORTS PARK:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/AZ/ArizonaMP.html

FIREBIRD INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/AZ/Firebird.html

PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/AZ/PIR.html

MUSSELMAN HONDA CIRCUIT: This is listed as a cart track but they do roadcourse as well. Plus you can rent carts for a good weekend outing:
http://www.p1kartcircuit.com/

LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY, NV:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/NV/LasVegasMS.html

SPRING MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS RANCH, NV:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks...gMountain.html

SANDIA MOTOR SPEEDWAY, NM:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/NM/Sandia.html

ARROYO SECA RACEWAY, NM:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/NM/ArroyoSeco.html

HOLTVILLE AERODROME INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, Ca:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/CA/Holtville.html

Feel free to add any that I missed and I will add them to the list.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
TRACKDAY COMPANIES

AZTrackDays:
http://www.aztrackday.com/v2/

AZ Tracktime:
http://www.aztracktime.com/

SMRI:
http://www.smri-racing.org/

XCEL Trackdays:
http://xceltrackdays.com/

I am sure there are more that I dont know about/cant find so please post up what you can.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
It'd be fun to go watch a track day. I need to get another bike.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If I had a bike I'd be all over it
Old 11-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have a street bike anymore sadly.
i race tho- theres a 2 day advanced riders school at arroyo seco this weekend.ill be one of the instructors.
if anyone wants to do trackdays locally just lemme know. im always down to go fast
Attached Thumbnails
Arizona Motorcycle Riders-377802_319495311398188_100000131641633_1522944_1426549574_n.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
i dont have a street bike anymore sadly.
i race tho- theres a 2 day advanced riders school at arroyo seco this weekend.ill be one of the instructors.
if anyone wants to do trackdays locally just lemme know. im always down to go fast
I am definately interested in starting back on the track. I have all my gear and bodywork for my 999S. I have only been on a track once since 2005 so I am so not comfortable anymore.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
A good buddy of mine runs this page http://azexperience.net and we post rides on here all the time.. Our normal amount of people who go is around 20 or so. We've had 40+ show up at times..

My wife just got done doing her first track day at the last one at Firebird raceway.. Lots of fun.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
well lemme know when u wanna go to the track. i dont mind helping with lines and what not.
i rarely go to firebird. i wont pay that much for 2 hours of tracktime when i can go to arroyo and pay less,and get two full days of open track. plus the people at arroyo are really awesome.
i used to ride 89a all the time back in the day-white spars was the best ride ever
Old 11-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
Quote:
well lemme know when u wanna go to the track. i dont mind helping with lines and what not.
i rarely go to firebird. i wont pay that much for 2 hours of tracktime when i can go to arroyo and pay less,and get two full days of open track. plus the people at arroyo are really awesome.
i used to ride 89a all the time back in the day-white spars was the best ride ever
I havent looked at prices but what are the prices of the of FB compared with Arroyo?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
I don't ever race.. But wouldn't mind riding in a group if that's something you all would be interested in doing.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
I don't ever race.. But wouldn't mind riding in a group if that's something you all would be interested in doing.

Nice ride...

Yea, group riding is definatly doable. Just post up either a last minute ride or maybe we can start a planned ride. We are limited right now because the mountains will be getting snow here soon but I am always up for a ride.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #13

Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
Firebirds trackdays were 185 last time I checked.that's for Sessions and one day. Arroyo is 150 for two days and the track is open, so you go out and ride whenever u want.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
Quote:
Firebirds trackdays were 185 last time I checked.that's for Sessions and one day. Arroyo is 150 for two days and the track is open, so you go out and ride whenever u want.
WOW.. Looks like I will be heading to Arroyo then. LoL
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yah firebird is a rip but if you don't have a way to tow (which we don't have a trailer or ramps yet) then its your only real close option.

Dec. Firebird has a track day and its a lot cheaper since nobody goes during Xmas season. I think its like 40$ off .
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #16

Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
YA firebirds cheap this month.i may do main sunday
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
No place in the states is as expensive as the track sessions I was paying for in Japan Y20,000 per 30 minute session, averaging 3-4 sessions a day for 2 days. Plus you must buy gas at the track, have a specific for that track to do even track days on that track, tolls, gas, etc...

One 2 day track sessions would cost me $300 for van gas & tolls, $50 for gas at the track, $50 for a camp location, $1200 for 8 track sessions over 2 days, $500 for a set of tires.

So a weekend track session cost me $1000-2000 for a weekend depending on the track and who I carpooled with, track licenses cost $300-500 apiece as well. I used to re-import bike parts and sell them to the other track guys at discount to them but profit for me. I also used to source JDM parts for the import guys in the US for a nice profit thankfully because there is no way I could do that on my military budget. Plus when I wasnt on duty or or doing track days I was working thursday, friday, saturday as a bouncer at a him hop club in Yokohama, man was that fun. LoL