R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Diff Breather Gangbang

Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Diff Breather Gangbang

We're going to be putting Jason's PA system in his truck at my house on Friday at about 10am, and I am installing new front door 6x9's with spacers and sound deadening inserts. Some of us were also talking about doing the diff breather mod, so I wanted to put out a feeler to see if others wanted to do some sort of mini mod day again.

Diff breather gangbang explained:

How about this... if one of us volunteers or draws straws to go to the dealer and get the breather, then swing by Vatozone or any parts store to get the rubber fuel hose and clamps, then the rest of us can pay for that person's parts. I'm too lazy to go to the dealer but I'd be willing to pay for someone else's parts if they bring them over to me.

Here's the thread for the diff breather mod how-to, with part numbers listed...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ee-mods-3.html

Discuss.

Who
Seabass - Adam (hosting)
motorsport36 - Jason
staticsquelch - Steve
moose1988 - Josh (maybe)
Specalt - (maybe)

Where
Seabass's house in north Peoria. Basically 67th Ave and Happy Valley. I'll PM specific directions to everyone who signs up

When
10am Friday Nov. 25
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on which DIY you follow will depend on which parts you get my diff breather was like $6 total and specalt's was like $17 if I remember correctly.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Depending on which DIY you follow will depend on which parts you get my diff breather was like $6 total and specalt's was like $17 if I remember correctly.
Post up your part numbers if you still have them saved somewhere, of if you can point to a better thread than in the OP. I'm all for saving.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
1. Toyota Part numbers:90404-51026 Camary Union and 90930-03136 (Breather Union)

It uses 1/4 hose for the union and is very tight on the breather portion but is a cheaper route than the other numbers
Old 11-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
DK would be so proud of you all.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
i just orderred my parts, out of the 3 diff breather mods i looked at these were the common part numbers 90930-03136 (breather), 90404-51319(union)

have fun with the gangbang
Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I might be In for this. Let's eiffel tower this bitch!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Law Enforcement:
The other part numbers do work as well and it goes quicker with them, the numbers I put up are just cheaper
Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dammit, I still need my cb.. Adam, was it hard to wire up the PA system? I'm gonna grab my cb next time I'm up north and hopefully wire it up along with a PA.. then air horns.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
dont cross swords
Old 11-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #12

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Dammit, I still need my cb.. Adam, was it hard to wire up the PA system? I'm gonna grab my cb next time I'm up north and hopefully wire it up along with a PA.. then air horns.
Not hard at all. Come over Friday and see how it's done. Jason is doing the exact same setup for the amp and PA speaker, just a different CB.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #13

So you do have to amp it? Can't you just use a higher wattage PA straight into the cb?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there.

Gangbag FTW!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Lulz. I need to do the diff breather mod
Old 11-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Come on over.... if you leave now, you might make it.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question,

what is the reason for this valve and why relocate it?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #18

Relocated the breather on the rear diff to make water crossings easier. When in its stock location, and you drive through deep enough water, the breather can suck in water.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #19
Law Enforcement:
Your current breather isn't a two way valve so it expells gas when hot and creates a vacuum in your differential. Say you drive through water when your differential is hot, your differential then sucks water in through the seals. At least that's how its been explained to me, it also sits right on top of your differential no extended hose like most trucks
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
I might swing buy and see whats up.

(Don't forget to tell peeps that Google is wrong for getting to your place).