R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Lake Pleasant Run

Old 11-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Lake Pleasant Run

Three of us went out to the back side of Lake Pleasant (Castle Hot Springs road up to Humbug Creek) last weekend to see if my favorite lakebed crossing was open - and it was. The trail is 2x friendly, and high clearance wasn't even necessary. We had a stock height 4x4 and a lifted prerunner and everyone did fine. However, I do remember some trickier spots further back in but nowhere that we couldn't be able to turn around in or pull each other through.

I'd like to get back out there during the day and take it all the way through to the Agua Fria river before it closes in mid December for the eagle nesting. There's a spot way back that comes to a sheer dropoff right into the lake where the river enters it from the northeast side. The trail clings to the ledge and then goes around and opens back up.

I'm thinking either Saturday the 10th or Sunday the 11th, preferably in the morning because those trails are so easy to get turned around on at night. We're also discussing an overnighter on Saturday night. To camp within Lake Pleasant Regional park, we just need to stop at the ranger booth on the way in on Castle Hot Springs rd. and pay the daily fee. I think it's $6 per vehicle for each 24 hours. The trails wheel up north out of the park, but anything close to the shoreline is within the park boundaries.

Who's in?

Seabass (Adam)
xtremechn1 (Chas)
staticsquelch (Steve)
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in for this... Preferably sunday but I could probably do saturday as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Any way to make that an over-night run? I should be in for this.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
An overnighter would be fun actually. We could wheel during the day and then head back closer to the lakebed crossing and cove camp. I know it's winter, but I wouldn't mind getting a fishing line wet.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #5

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I might be in for this... Preferably sunday but I could probably do saturday as well.
Sweet! Getcher ass up here!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #6

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Updated to reflect the overnighter option
Old 12-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about it. what is the trail ground like? rocky? is it tight (i.e. trees, etc)? i cant bear to pinstripe my BSP baby up any more for a little while...
Old 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Its gonna be cold.....
Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
unfortunately with my trucks current condition id be unable to attend. It cannot take any rattles, and my control bushings are SHOT. I picked up some LR UCA.s so will use those once i get new bushings for those, oh and my exhaust system is damaged

on the plus side i just got stuck in the mud and had to lock to get out
Old 12-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you go? I'm gonna be looking for some mud after work.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #11

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
thinking about it. what is the trail ground like? rocky? is it tight (i.e. trees, etc)? i cant bear to pinstripe my BSP baby up any more for a little while...
It's typical desert so it's gravelly and some parts of the road are rutted out on one side but with bypasses, but there are a couple of pinstripe spots. Nothing major, just a couple tight squeezes right after the lakebed crossing and then it opens up again.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #12

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Its gonna be cold.....
I gots the gear for that
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #13

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
unfortunately with my trucks current condition id be unable to attend. It cannot take any rattles, and my control bushings are SHOT. I picked up some LR UCA.s so will use those once i get new bushings for those, oh and my exhaust system is damaged

on the plus side i just got stuck in the mud and had to lock to get out
Time for an upgrade son
Old 12-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Time for an upgrade son
thats the plan, an aero turbine muffler, maaaaybe DT headers, but that might not be for about two months :/
Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
thats the plan, an aero turbine muffler, maaaaybe DT headers, but that might not be for about two months :/
Don't do it. stay stock exhaust
Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Don't do it. stay stock exhaust
why should i go stock? are you selling your stock? can i get all the tube and hangers as well?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
I welded the stock exaust back on! brian has some extra tube and hangars I think
Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Oh and for me the noise/drone got annoying I just wanted it to be quiet..