R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

broken arrow (sedona) sunday 12/4

Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
broken arrow (sedona) sunday 12/4

note; this trail is not 2wd (prerunner) friendly.

snow should be mostly, if not all melted away.

gonna call Nena Barlow beforehand and make sure the trailhead barricades the Coconino Forest Service folks put up during wet conditions.

maybe an 11am departure time...

any takers?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'd love to... but work :/
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I'd love to... but work :/
bummer jake.

if you noticed i posted up on AZFJ but so far no takers. seems like the FJ guys are burnt out esp after sedonafest.

may try posting w/ the 4runner guys in a min.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post a link of the meet place. I dont know the area very well.

EDIT: Shit, nevermind. I just looked where Sedona is at. No way in hell I am driving all the way up there from Tucson on a Sunday.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Can you post a link of the meet place. I dont know the area very well.

okay, standby for a few I can make two maps..a local meet point incase someone wants to caravan, and for those who want to meet in sedona should the trail be open.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Morgan rd trailhead;

a few pics from last broken arrow run

Old 12-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I really want to do the Sedona trails soon... been itch'n it for awhile since I have yet to run them...
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really want to do the Sedona trails soon... been itch'n it for awhile since I have yet to run them...

I really only like Broken arrow, has the most diverse terrain...

solider pass isnt too thrilling. no major obstacles but scenic none the less. oak creek homestead is the same, the creek crossing being the centerpiece. the others are even less interesting.

whenevr you get a chance and need someone to go, im always down fro broken arrow.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Yea, me to. Its gotta be at least a 2 day trip for me though to make it worth while. I dont care if its camping or staying at a hotel (I have tons of free hotel points so can probably stay for next to nothing).
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery

Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post

What snorkle is that? Not sure I really like how far forward that is sticking. Is that the only head to it or are there others you can get? Can you face it backwards?

Also, what kind of mid-pip are you running on there? I see it comes together way back by the drive shaft bearing.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #14
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What snorkle is that? Not sure I really like how far forward that is sticking. Is that the only head to it or are there others you can get? Can you face it backwards?

Also, what kind of mid-pip are you running on there? I see it comes together way back by the drive shaft bearing.

snorkel is Airflow (Australia), available through Kurt Abel of Expeditioneers @ 602-628-1230.

the head is what comes with it...but no need to turn it backwards...its desigined to be used this way in the rain..it has baffles to disperse the waste in the cycloning that occcurs in the snorkel head. be kind dumb to use the head from an ARB/safari snorkel. turning the snorkel head backwards makes your engine work for its air...at highway speed the air is being forced into the intake via interia. i laugh when i see people with the snorkel head backwards.

the exhaust mods are of my own "homegrown". I have full armor and the extra crossmember to weld up...thus the need for the exhaust to be tucked clear of the frame rail depth. just no reason for my skids to be on right now since its still the dailydriver.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
Quote:
snorkel is Airflow (Australia), available through Kurt Abel of Expeditioneers @ 602-628-1230.

the head is what comes with it...but no need to turn it backwards...its desigined to be used this way in the rain..it has baffles to disperse the waste in the cycloning that occcurs in the snorkel head. be kind dumb to use the head from an ARB/safari snorkel. turning the snorkel head backwards makes your engine work for its air...at highway speed the air is being forced into the intake via interia. i laugh when i see people with the snorkel head backwards.
Having it forward wont do anything for me having air "forced into the intake." I am supercharged. LoL I plan on putting a snorkle on my truck. Not just a huge fan of how far forward that sticks.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Having it forward wont do anything for me having air "forced into the intake." I am supercharged. LoL I plan on putting a snorkle on my truck. Not just a huge fan of how far forward that sticks.

didnt know you were s/c'ed

rad. indeed wont make a damn bit of difference for you. none the less, I still stand behind its looks goofy as fuck pointed backwards. just my 2c though. lot of people think my shit sucks, so whatev. everyones entitled to their opinions thats for sure.

I think I like the aesthetics of this versus the ones everyone else is running fron arb/safari.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
I am going to take a look at all the avaliable ones and see which I like the best and will work best for me.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am going to take a look at all the avaliable ones and see which I like the best and will work best for me.
10-4.

I'll check back and see which one you chose.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
didnt know you were s/c'ed

rad. indeed wont make a damn bit of difference for you. none the less, I still stand behind its looks goofy as fuck pointed backwards. just my 2c though. lot of people think my shit sucks, so whatev. everyones entitled to their opinions thats for sure.

I think I like the aesthetics of this versus the ones everyone else is running fron arb/safari.
I think it looks dope! Thought they would have got more snow than that though!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #20
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I think it looks dope! Thought they would have got more snow than that though!

i arrived at 1300.

there was considerably more snow left earlier in the day...quite alot of "rain" from the trees and shit.