1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mapping Software????

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Arizona Joe, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    Arizona Joe

Arizona Joe [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ
    Me and my friend are looking to mount a laptop in my 08 FJC. I live in AZ and wanted to know if anyone out there knew of any good GPS software for our area. I am looking for real world mapping style stuff that can be displayed on a laptop and have the ability to be interacted with from pc to gps or vs versa. I have read and seen a lot of stuff about Shonkey maps but it seems as though they are only for Australia.

Any help or direction would be great, as always thanks TW i look forward to your feedback.

AZ Joe

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I have some Garmin map DVD's. Never got a chance to use them. Are you looking to buy some, or just general info on some?

3. Dec 5, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    Arizona Joe

Arizona Joe [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 FJ
    im looking to install a laptop in my fjc and then run some sort of gps style software with off road maps, local areas so on and so fourth. i have seen them in some high end 4x4 vids but dont even know where to start looking for one for my own truck. any help or thoughts on where to pick one up at.

az j

4. Dec 5, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    A friend of mine is into geocaching and uses Delorme products. I think he uses Delorme hardware as well.
    I attached a PDF from their site.

Attached Files:

5. Dec 6, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    i use google earth and can see my real-time location in 3D... Brianr tested this with me about 2 years ago. we drove to the top of south mountain at night and it was awesome to see what turns were coming up... i actually video taped it and was going to make a tutorial video but i've been lazy and never got around to it :anonymous:

here's a link that i found that explains the process that i used, and i used the Earth Bridge software that the article mentions- works the same way

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001623.php

I ran it off an older laptop, and all of the software that i used was FREE... except windows

Products Discussed in

To Top