R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Anyone Hate their hood scoop?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Hate their hood scoop?

I have a 2011 White Taco, no hood scoop. Anyone have a white hood with scoop that wants to trade? Seems like most people don't like the scoop.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rmal-hood.html
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
guy from the link says he wants a black hood.
I even saw an offer to paint a hood for this trade.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Why is this under the Arizona section?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I'm guessing he is looking for someone local due to the fact that shipping would be astronomical.

Fink
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
OP's from arizona

edit: damn you fink, beat me to it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I havent heard many people say they dont like the scoop, personally I love mine!!! Does get irritating every once in a while when you are driving that certain part of the day where the sun hits it and reflects into your eyes!!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like my scoop for one reason, it annoys me when ever you are about to crest and cant see over too well, but I dont think a non-sport hood will have that much better of a view. But the scoop does look darn good when your outside of the truck
Old 12-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I did see that post which is why I figured I'd ask.. But kept it here in Az because I"ve shipped a hood before and well, its damn expensive!

When reading up most people say the scoop gets in the way. I wanted one but they didn't have one at the dealer so I didn't get the scoop.. It sucks that its only for looks, but it does look good.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Scalp Em
FLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to behold

FLtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I havent heard many people say they dont like the scoop, personally I love mine!!! Does get irritating every once in a while when you are driving that certain part of the day where the sun hits it and reflects into your eyes!!
Sunglasses work well for this. Let me suggest a pair of RayBans or Oakley's. They look as good as the scoop.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you're not 5'3", the scoop shouldn't hinder visibility. The front of the hood gets in the way on steep climbs, but sit up a little and you'll see fine. That and sunglasses as stated above, and you're good to go.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver_scott View Post
i want a hood with a scoop. thinking of getting a certifit hood with scoop....
Sort-a-fit lol I wouldnt
Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't matter how tall or short you are... if you are an avid off roader, losing just that 1" of visibility cresting grades or dropping off cliffs can be critical. Even the standard Off Road hood could be flatter... as HB Murphy once said, he wished he could invert his. I see that one truck company has added a front camera beacause of a need to see where the tires will be going.

Then the other issue is that the scoop doesn't scoop... it is just there to make your truck look 'hotter' or 'faster', (in your head)... So, besides reducing off road visibility, glaring sunlight (per a post above), and not doing anything... why is it so desireable? Well, whatever the reason, Toyota sure sells a lot of Sport TRDs because of that scoop!

I would rather pay money for things that actually work at making the truck perform better... so I always get the Off Road TRD (locking differential, and now even better with the A-TRAC).
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yep, that really sucks! Other than that I like mine as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #17
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Side note:

that certain truck company (Ford) also added for to 2012 model A/C cooled seats that are paired with the already existing heated seats. Ford has also added a Torsen LSD for the front diff to be paired with the electronic locking rear diff. Don't forget about the mini wiper blade and washer for the front facing camera. There is a small luxury market that Ford is trying to attract with these new features for the 2012 model.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #18
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
It doesn't matter how tall or short you are... if you are an avid off roader, losing just that 1" of visibility cresting grades or dropping off cliffs can be critical. Even the standard Off Road hood could be flatter... as HB Murphy once said, he wished he could invert his. I see that one truck company has added a front camera beacause of a need to see where the tires will be going.

Then the other issue is that the scoop doesn't scoop... it is just there to make your truck look 'hotter' or 'faster', (in your head)... So, besides reducing off road visibility, glaring sunlight (per a post above), and not doing anything... why is it so desireable? Well, whatever the reason, Toyota sure sells a lot of Sport TRDs because of that scoop!

I would rather pay money for things that actually work at making the truck perform better... so I always get the Off Road TRD (locking differential, and now even better with the A-TRAC).
I agree fully about the scoop being for looks. That's why got the off-road package. A locker seems a lot more useful than a scoop. However, the scoop looks damn good.