R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Home Owners

Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #21
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Do not get a pool you will hate your life and besides sneaking into the neighbors is way more exciting and pools are way to much work. can you understand me?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #22
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
gf, not wife...hm, what happens if you break up? lol, seriously though, paying for a home that will some day be yours is the best decision you two can make. I've never been a fan of apts or houses for rent..I don't have a pool, so I can't help you there...
Or the absolute worst decision, like mine was.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #23
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
I took my old man's advice. When I was 16ish...he told me to spend my money wisely. "Invest in a house..then you can party. Women will love you for having a house and you wont struggle in getting them into bed. That is how women function. Your best friend will not be as lucky because he's a douchebag" I followed his advice and has worked pretty good for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 AM   #24
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Pools are a pain in the ass IMO. I had a house with one a long time ago and loved having it. But it was a lot of work and a lot of money on upkeep. Used it all the time at first but then as time went on I used it less and less. If you are willing to spend the $ to keep it up then do it. I don't have a pool currently. One of my best friends does and I just go over to his house with the kids when we want to go swimming. (I'm a pool mooch )
X2
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #25
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took my old man's advice. When I was 16ish...he told me to spend my money wisely. "Invest in a house..then you can party. Women will love you for having a house and you wont struggle in getting them into bed. That is how women function. Your best friend will not be as lucky because he's a douchebag" I followed his advice and has worked pretty good for me.
You dad was a wise man.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #26
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
is...he's still roaming around spreading his wisdom. hah.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #27
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is...he's still roaming around spreading his wisdom. hah.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #28
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Pools are a pain in the ass IMO. I had a house with one a long time ago and loved having it. But it was a lot of work and a lot of money on upkeep. Used it all the time at first but then as time went on I used it less and less. If you are willing to spend the $ to keep it up then do it. I don't have a pool currently. One of my best friends does and I just go over to his house with the kids when we want to go swimming. (I'm a pool mooch )
x3

Loved having our pool. But as time went on we used it less and less. The only one who used it was the dog. Our new house has a community center with a public pool that we use every now and then. I grew up out here with a pool and will probably put one in this our eventually. It's not alot of work to keep a pool clean. Sweep it once a week, net out the big stuff, and keep your chemicals in check. Have someone come out and check your pump and motor every 3 months or so and that's about it. Easy to incorporate pool cleaning with yard work.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #29
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the Input guys. We have found a couple houses with community pools so that's an option. And yes shes my gf, but probably soon to be fiance... Keep It all on the DL guys. Lol I actually found an awesome house... But its a bit out of our area.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #30
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Josh,

I haven't read through all of the pages to see what everyone has posted, but let me tell you the cost of owning/maintaining a pool is deceptively high. In the 3 houses I have lived in that had pools, the combined cost of having/running/maintaining a pool was about an additional $250 per month (and I cleaned it myself). Your water bill will double, your electricity bill will go up about $100-$150 a month depending on the system design, and your chlorine costs will be about $25 a month unless it's a saltwater pool. If you have any issues like leaks, a pump fails, changing out media, replacing parts, etc. the cost goes up that month. Add on top of that the frustration of constantly brushing the sides, backwashing, having to maintain the water level every couple of days especially in the summer, skimming leaves, clearing clogs, etc. etc. it can become quite a chore and expense.

Here's how I look at it... I won't own another pool unless I am willing to pay for full service pool care. No more brushing, skimming, vacuuming, chlorinating, etc. I just want to pay one price and spend all of my time enjoying the pool.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #31
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Adam. The more we have been thinking about it, we probably won't go with a pool. If we can find a house with a community pool, that would be the best bet. Which we have found a couple. The house interior is more Important to us anyways. Something more modern and or remodeled.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #32
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Thanks for all the Input guys. We have found a couple houses with community pools so that's an option. And yes shes my gf, but probably soon to be fiance... Keep It all on the DL guys. Lol I actually found an awesome house... But its a bit out of our area.
Congrats! On the DL of course
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #33

Thanks man. It's been in the talks for awhile.. its just a big step ya know.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
Steel Curtain!!

beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man. It's been in the talks for awhile.. its just a big step ya know.
I know exactly what you mean. I just actually got married in Sept to my best friend in the world! Couldn't be happier.
Just make sure that you are both extremely happy with the way each other is now, because neither one will actually change! lol.
Is she ok with your taco obsession????
Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I just actually got married in Sept to my best friend in the world! Couldn't be happier.
Just make sure that you are both extremely happy with the way each other is now, because neither one will actually change! lol.
Is she ok with your taco obsession????
Awesome man Congrats!

It's goin on 4 years now.. and all is well still. Lol she's definitely ok with the obsession. She even spots Taco's and sends me pictures, knows everyone's name and screename, knows and refers to tacos as 1st gens and 2nd gens. etc. She comes out on the runs and camping trips too. so I think its safe to say TW and the truck are safe. Haha
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #36
Steel Curtain!!

beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome man Congrats!

It's goin on 4 years now.. and all is well still. Lol she's definitely ok with the obsession. She even spots Taco's and sends me pictures, knows everyone's name and screename, knows and refers to tacos as 1st gens and 2nd gens. etc. She comes out on the runs and camping trips too. so I think its safe to say TW and the truck are safe. Haha
NICE! Well is sounds like a good decision then! So stop draggin your @$$ and get the party started hahaha!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #37
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Been with my wife 10 years now.. Marriage has its up's and down's.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
NICE! Well is sounds like a good decision then! So stop draggin your @$$ and get the party started hahaha!
I know man, I know.. Lol. I procrastinate.. A LOT.. so its no surprise I'm dragging on this. Especially this! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Been with my wife 10 years now.. Marriage has its up's and down's.
Is it just me, or does this sound really depressing? Lol. Jk man. Congrats on 10 years. Nowadays, thats a long time and an achievement. It must be goin good then.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #39
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
haha Thanks.. I've been with my wife since she graduated High School. Tho I tell all my friends not to get married. If I could go back and re-do it, I wouldn't of gotten married.

But don't get me wrong, I do love my wife a lot. I just think the entire 'marriage' thing is just bullshit paper work.. Live with someone for a long time, its the same thing as being married.

Congrats to you tho! Getting your own house is the best feeling ever.. I hated renting., just felt like I was throwing away my money.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
haha Thanks.. I've been with my wife since she graduated High School. Tho I tell all my friends not to get married. If I could go back and re-do it, I wouldn't of gotten married.

But don't get me wrong, I do love my wife a lot. I just think the entire 'marriage' thing is just bullshit paper work.. Live with someone for a long time, its the same thing as being married.

Congrats to you tho! Getting your own house is the best feeling ever.. I hated renting., just felt like I was throwing away my money.
Dude thats EXACTLY how i feel about it. If I could have MY way, I'd keep it how it Is. Lol. BUT, I know it would make her happy, and I do kind of want to myself. theres always that "what if" in the back of my head tho.

It is just wasting money.. I do like the amenities and maintenance, but my own house would be soo much better. We will see. Still have about three months.