R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona emissions

Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona emissions

I am thinking of getting set of JBA long tube headers, those delete front cats. I will get o2 sim so no check engine light. I am wondering if anyone with long tubes here in Phoenix Arizona has trouble passing emissions...

Even if they would give me crap I can always put stockers back in, its only few hours of work and the LT headers are worth the BRAAAAAAAAAAP.

Also how is it if you have cut exhaust? Will they give me any crap for that? My exhaust terminates right after rear axle. Again its not a big deal... I have the piece I cut and I can easily just clamp it back together...
Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I think you possibly would be ok?

I just did mine again and all they usually do is hook up to my OBD2 port. As long as no codes show I think you is good.

Dunno for sure though.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post

Also how is it if you have cut exhaust? Will they give me any crap for that? My exhaust terminates right after rear axle. Again its not a big deal... I have the piece I cut and I can easily just clamp it back together...
This has to do with were the exhaust dumps. You technically can't have it under the vehicle, due to carbon monoxide .. bla bla bla.. passenger compartment .. even though no none rides in the bed.. You exhaust needs to be blown clear of the vehicle.

I'm think I'm cut the same way you are. I come out just past the rear axle but it does not vent to "open air".
Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i have long tubes....but have not gone thru emissions yet....but i really am not worried about it, it will pass
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
All they do at emisions is check the fuel cap, and plug an OBDII reader into the diag. port. If no engine light, then your good to go! They dont care about headers, or anything else.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
All they do at emisions is check the fuel cap, and plug an OBDII reader into the diag. port. If no engine light, then your good to go! They dont care about headers, or anything else.

Time to do moar damage and make my truck roar
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
If you are not throwing a code when they check then you are cool.
However they will want to see the exhaust out from under the body.
That is what I encountered many years ago with a Camero my son had.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the quick responses! Nice to know that with long tubes and o2 sim I will be good to go! Gonna put the exhaust on I cut off with a clamp before I go...
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Im actually qualified to do emissions for a fleet so its a little different than an inspection station. The law says the inspectors are supposed to make sure all of the factory supplied emissions equipment is still operable (cats, air injection system, purge assy, etc) but they never do. All they really do is plug in to OBD and make sure the light comes on and goes back off after starting. Now when the inspectors come by and do our testing they will fail me if I do not get under the unit to check the cats and other systems. So once again you will probably be ok, but AZ law states you must have all OEM emissions equipment to pass inspection
Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
check this out.

http://azstarnet.com/article_17bba80...8335fa701.html

AZ looking to kill emission requirements.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
check this out.

http://azstarnet.com/article_17bba80...8335fa701.html

AZ looking to kill emission requirements.
That would be brilliant.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yup, I used to work for the emissions here. Chris4x4 is right. Don't worry about it.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
If you are not throwing a code when they check then you are cool.
However they will want to see the exhaust out from under the body.
That is what I encountered many years ago with a Camero my son had.
They didn't care about my cut exhaust, however my truck failed because the gas cap is bad...UGH!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
and let me guess, they took your money, then told you you didnt pass huh?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
and let me guess, they took your money, then told you you didnt pass huh?
of course. its bullshit. you can run NO cats and still pass if you don't have check engine light on... retarded and waste of time
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #16
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
It seems you have your answer now. I was going to say I had my subaru catless and ran through emissions with the code cleared and I passed.

i have been running DT longtubes for the last... 3 years.... and JUST bought the o2 sensor from URD because I HAVE to take my 07 through emissions this month boo.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
of course. its bullshit. you can run NO cats and still pass if you don't have check engine light on... retarded and waste of time
Ha this is so true. I used to run my 99 civic , b16 turbo kit, 11psi Turbo setup, no cat at all.. They'd plug in the obd2, it'd pass, test my gas cap, I'm all set. Never even had to fire up the car, just turn on the ignition.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Ha this is so true. I used to run my 99 civic , b16 turbo kit, 11psi Turbo setup, no cat at all.. They'd plug in the obd2, it'd pass, test my gas cap, I'm all set. Never even had to fire up the car, just turn on the ignition.
So in the goverment's eyes you can run catless, but if you gas cap is bad they fail you. Wonder whats worse... Running catless or bad gascap...hmmm
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
A Cat just helps "trim" the emissions. If your check engine light is not on and you do not have a O2 simulator then you are not running high levels of CO or HC's. If your gas cap doesnt work you are venting fuel vapors to the atmosphere
Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure if you fail you get two free attempts to pass before they charge you again.