R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Parking your truck outside

Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Parking your truck outside

I'll be moving down to the Gilbert area in the next week or so. Just wondering if you guys that park your trucks outside, not in a garage, ever have any issues/worries abouy leaving it outside. I'm debating whether I want to bring my truck down there yet since I won't have a garage to park it in, staying with fam down there for a while. Guess you could call me paranoid about my truck BTW, will be looking for job if anyone here knows anyone hiring.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
I'D RATHER LIVE, THAN LIVE FOREVER
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Mines outside, but under a carport.. I have parked A LOT uncovered the. Especially with my 06. The 09 seems to handles better. Probably the color. But headlight lenses will oxidize some.. paint will be ok. Other than that. No worries.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
are you worried about your paint? or vandalism?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
are you worried about your paint? or vandalism?

More worried about vandalism/theft, however, I know the Power Ranch area is suppose to be pretty safe and what not.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't be too concerned in that area. Just be careful what you leave in the truck. I always lock my truck in Arizona. Here in small town Wisconsin I can leave it running and no one will touch it.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned in that area. Just be careful what you leave in the truck. I always lock my truck in Arizona. Here in small town Wisconsin I can leave it running and no one will touch it.

I know what you mean, I usually take the steering wheel with me when I park it lol
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocherp View Post
I know what you mean, I usually take the steering wheel with me when I park it lol

lol are you serious? my truck is always parked outside, and its pretty "noticable" too. never had any problems before. if i had a garage it would be in there though!!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
lol, Ya I have a QD for my steering wheel
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
I caught some shady near break ins to my truck and I park outside. I think its because I'm a corner house over on the ray hartford area in chandler. I caught 2 kids trying to jimmy a metal bar through my rear sliding glass window totally by accident I thought I forgot to lock my truck so I went outside to hear my car alarm beep when I locked it and sure enough after that beep went off and I opened my door 2 heads popped up out of the bed of my truck. They ran away I said hey wait filed police report whole 9 yards. I got a car alarm that has the blue blinking light now and hope that acts as a detterrent. As long as you lock your truck and don't leave anything in there you wouldn't want to get stolen I bet you'll be fine.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Mine is always outside. If I'm not a home or work I hide the ipod that I leave in there all the time between the console and pass seat so it's not blatently obvious it's there. Never had a problem yet... I try not to leave it in shady area's too long (like, downtown Tucson I always drive before I'll ride with someone to not leave it alone to long haha). I think being blacked out/armored scares people too that I'll come back and destroy them...

As for the truck holding up, make sure in the summer especially to leave a window slightly cracked to allow the inside temp to help regulate itself. My ultragauge has got up to about 188F mid summer... over time that will do damage. Also some window shades will help a lot with that. Keep her waxed too in the summer to prevent oxidization. I even wax my headlights, it helps a lot (learned that trick with my G35)
Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up guys. I just don't want people/kids messing with the truck or my spares in the back. I don't even want to think what would happen if I caught someone doing something to my truck,
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocherp View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys. I just don't want people/kids messing with the truck or my spares in the back. I don't even want to think what would happen if I caught someone doing something to my truck,
My hilift has been sitting in the bed for months without being locked down... lol.

My spare, I just cable locked it to a d-ring... haven't had problems with that either.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
My hilift has been sitting in the bed for months without being locked down... lol.

My spare, I just cable locked it to a d-ring... haven't had problems with that either.
Sounds like its time for a rear tire swing away... Can carry both of them locked and secure and looks bad ass!!! LoL
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
Iron Beard

Yea I'm still on the fence what I wanna do for my ass. Kinda torn between modifying the allpro for a swing, or doing a tire gate, or doing what that one guy did and build a "open camper" type deal for a roof tent and attach all my goodies to it... dunno yet.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i park out side. (we are thinking about building something. but idk) only think i worry about is hail storms.