R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona monthly Pavillions meet and greet!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
after the meet if my truck is running im going to sycamore. anyone is down to join!
if its 2wd friendly I'd like to go along.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the Pavillions located at?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #23
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Indian bend and the 101
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #24
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
after the meet if my truck is running im going to sycamore. anyone is down to join!
You know I'm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
if its 2wd friendly I'd like to go along.
Nah Sycamore is really sandy, however the entrance is ok for 2WD and I'm sure one of the 4WD guys will have room for you to ride along through the rest of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I know what you mean, I hate mine too! I'll be buying either 33s or 34s by summer time
I <3 my 33s
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #25
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'd say most of it is 2wd friendly
Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be there! And I'm down to go out to sycamore after
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I'd say most of it is 2wd friendly
I'm a total Newbie when it comes to off road. My truck is bone stock so that could be a stretch.

And I like the idea of riding along, as long as there is room for my wife, she loves anything that has to do with cars/trucks/bikes.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't recommend it, I'm sure someone would be happy to let you and the wife ride along... If I had a four door I'd definitely offer. I wouldn't suggest sitting in the bed either unless your ass likes it rough.

The entrances to Sycamore, both upper and lower, are 2WD friendly, but that's the tip of the iceberg... Both upper and lower dump into wash areas which are super sandy and definitely not doable in a 2WD, even locked (just ask Matt/Underdog). Then even if you got through the sandy areas, there's slick rock beds that would be a huge turd to navigate through in a 2WD, especially with stock ground clearance. Then if you get through that there's water and more rocks, so... yeah.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #29
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
count me in...this was fun last time.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #30
Maybe it's my 35x13.5's but I rarely use 4wd out there!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #31
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Maybe it's my 35x13.5's but I rarely use 4wd out there!
Weird. I know my ass would be stuck even with the 33x11.5s I have now. Underdog was aired down to 20lbs or less with his A/Ts and he got stuck half way to Widowmaker lol and he's even locked. As long as he was on the skinny pedal he was good, but the instant he lost speed it was game over. And that was barely even into the wash haha.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #32
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i did sycamore in my fairly stock 4x4 with 265's without getting stuck (thanks to a bit of help from eric) in 2wd for a good portion...i think up to the washes is doable in a prerunner..
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #34
I'm looking to explore as deep as I can this sunday
Old 02-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #36
do you know your way around up there?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Yeah that's what I'm saying, up to the washes. But 95% of Sycamore are the washes, sooo... I'd be down to tag along with a Prerunner to see how they do, but I wouldn't expect to see much.
What about locked Prerunners?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #39
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
What about locked Prerunners?
i feel like if i could do it you'd have a good shot...i needed 4wd maybe 2-3 times, i just took it really slow most of the way.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #40
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
i feel like if i could do it you'd have a good shot...i needed 4wd maybe 2-3 times, i just took it really slow most of the way.
I've been out there a pretty far distance....never had a problem. Some of the stuff I might have to get a little run at but i'm sure I could hang for the most part