Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Alignment shop?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is finally level

Got my 2" spacer on my truck and its starting to look better. Now I need a alignment shop.....

I know I know everyone shits on spacer lifts but it was just to level it out.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Shumans is awesome. I get my alignments done there and they've always been fair
http://www.yelp.com/biz/shumans-auto-clinic-tempe
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Coma2010 will become famous soon enoughComa2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dustin
Coma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, that place is just down the street from my job. If you don't mind me asking what did it cost?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
network alignment FTW.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on adding more to your truck that might throw your alignment out like new shocks or ucas I would consider getting a lifetime alignment from firestone. Its a little bit more, but they do a good job and I have gotten my money worth that's for sure. And there are firestones all accross the usa so if you're off doing something and you knock your alignment out you don't have so pay 75 every time. Just my 2 cents!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
network alignment FTW.

This is who we use (you would know ) They do great work especially on modified and lifted vehicles

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=networ...h&z=16&iwloc=A
Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
network alignment FTW.
X2 They've done mine everytime I've needed an adjustment and the truck has left there with the steering wheel straight and trackin straight so Im happy.

I wish firestone would do LT trucks, thats just a no brainer. $85 for a lifetime alignment!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma2010 View Post
Thanks, that place is just down the street from my job. If you don't mind me asking what did it cost?
I think it was 50 bucks
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
If you plan on adding more to your truck that might throw your alignment out like new shocks or ucas I would consider getting a lifetime alignment from firestone. Its a little bit more, but they do a good job and I have gotten my money worth that's for sure. And there are firestones all accross the usa so if you're off doing something and you knock your alignment out you don't have so pay 75 every time. Just my 2 cents!
I think i'll give network alignment or firestone a try next alignment. Lifetime = win for just a few bucks more
Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
network alignment FTW.
Yup, always used network never once had an issue..

Tho never took a lifted vehicle to them, always slammed hondas.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Yup, always used network never once had an issue..

Tho never took a lifted vehicle to them, always slammed hondas.
Same here! This is my first lifted truck to be bringing to them, I've brought my hammered VW's to them in the past tho, spot on everytime. No issues.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
As far as Firestone. I can see if Brad at the shop in downtown Phoenix will still do the lifetime for modified trucks. He was willing to when Nathan was working there. A couple guys got it then. He drives a lifted FJ so he understands.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
As far as Firestone. I can see if Brad at the shop in downtown Phoenix will still do the lifetime for modified trucks. He was willing to when Nathan was working there. A couple guys got it then. He drives a lifted FJ so he understands.
What shop is that?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
What shop is that?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Hiker will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
I just had some 5100's installed, clipped at 1.5", at SDHQ. Truck tracks nice but the steering wheel was off center when I got the truck back. If I center the wheel while driving the truck it now pulls to the right. Sucks for a brand new truck with 1200 miles on it. How hard is it to do a front end alignment? Sure would be nice to get something done right the first time.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Hiker, did you have an alignment done since install?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
I just had some 5100's installed, clipped at 1.5", at SDHQ. Truck tracks nice but the steering wheel was off center when I got the truck back. If I center the wheel while driving the truck it now pulls to the right. Sucks for a brand new truck with 1200 miles on it. How hard is it to do a front end alignment? Sure would be nice to get something done right the first time.
not too hard. here ya go
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
http://www.automedia.com/Align_It_Yourself/ccr20021201ay/1

For toe, I just measured the distance between the rear of the tires and the front. I jacked it up and spun the tire while using a nail as a scribe to get an accurate vertical line in the tire as a measuring point, centered the steering wheel, then adjusted the tie rods keeping everything centered. Obviously do toe after all other adjustments, and when the front side of the tires measure 1/4" less than the rear you are good to go. I set mine up with 0* of toe so it corners better in the dirt, but it will wander a little and is not advisable if you are a tard. My steering wheel is centered, and it corners like it's on rails.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hiker, did you have an alignment done since install?
Yes, They said they aligned it after the installation of the front 5100's. It was part of the install package. The truck tracks nicely, just the steering wheel is off about 5-10 degrees.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not too hard. here ya go
Toe in/out seems perfect. It's just the steering wheel that's off. I'd bet the tie-rod end adjustment sleeves just need to be turned 1/8 of turn out(R) and the other in(L) to adjust the steering wheel correctly.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Toe in/out seems perfect. It's just the steering wheel that's off. I'd bet the tie-rod end adjustment sleeves just need to be turned 1/8 of turn out(R) and the other in(L) to adjust the steering wheel correctly.
give this a read.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post2349760