Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

For those of you that change your own oil = FILTER

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that change your own oil = FILTER

wanted to keep this local, everyone will sniff it out quick enough, but figured i'd let you guys get in on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-ML-1003-Oil-Filter/dp/B001DRPA0E/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Tacoma|1037&n=156841 81&s=automotive&Make=Toyota|76&Year=2007|2007&vehi cleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=001

buy this shit now.

6.00 is still a really good deal for this thing

**** this is for the 2.7 2nd Gen **** this filter also fits the fj but dyodd

didn't look for others.

just wanted to pass along a good thing
Old 03-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds interesting. I'm unfamiliar with that brand. What is it's reputation?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
exceptional, but like anything with motor oil, there is no right answer and you'll get a ton of opinions. I've used them for years on several vehicles. I believe they are on the top of the scale.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's EVERYTHING you'd ever wanna know about ALL oil filters for these trucks. The Mann Filter has a video a few scrolls down. It isn't a good filter at all. OEM Filters from Toyota have the best/most filtering media and are the most cost effective for the quality...this video proves it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post2389585
Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Here's EVERYTHING you'd ever wanna know about ALL oil filters for these trucks. The Mann Filter has a video a few scrolls down. It isn't a good filter at all. OEM Filters from Toyota have the best/most filtering media and are the most cost effective for the quality...this video proves it.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/123608-toyota-oil-filter-made-thailand-vs-competition.html#post2389585
This ^^. I sent Chris the Mann filter because I wanted to see how it stacked-up against OEM. Based on what I saw in the above thread, I switched to OEM. Note that they are also more cost-effective than most competitors. (I got a case of 10, including 10 drain plug washers, from a Toyota dealer through eBay for under $40.)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
I have never heard of the company. I am speculative and believe you get what you are willing to spend and will stick to Toyota OEM. thanks though!
They're a well-established company whose products are recommended by Amsoil, which is another reason I was surprised by Chris's findings. Thankfully (if somewhat ironically), OEM filters are available for LESS money.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant View Post
exceptional, but like anything with motor oil, there is no right answer and you'll get a ton of opinions. I've used them for years on several vehicles. I believe they are on the top of the scale.
Save your money and stick with OEM filters.

Products Discussed in this Thread