R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

What is it with Tacos and weather stripping?

Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
What is it with Tacos and weather stripping?

So a few months back I replaced all of Kastout's weather stripping around her 1st-gen's windshield. It kept popping back out so I had to seal it in place with black RTV silicone. Now the weather stripping on her doors around the side windows is falling apart. Shortly thereafter, the weather stripping on my 2nd-gen's sliding rear window came apart and is basically just dangling there. I tried fixing it repeatedly but it just comes back out with use (and I use my back window all the time, so I have just been leaving it jacked up lately). Now today on my way to work the entire freakin right side of the weather stripping around my windshield pops off and was flapping in the wind and made its way all the way around the A-pillar and around my passenger side mirror before I could pull over and save it from actually tearing off. Then when I was stuffing it back in to place while standing on my slider I noticed the black strip that goes over the passenger side of my cab above the door seam is loose... wtf! Both of our trucks sit outside so I'm thinking the dry heat here kills them, but I've never had any issues with weather stripping on my other vehicles in the past...

Anyways, if shitty weather stripping is the biggest issue I ever have with this truck I'll be a happy camper, but it gets kind of old. Anyone else have weather stripping issues?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks, I have never had an issue with mine
Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
My back window inside strip keeps falling out on the pass side... just started. Rather annoying for an '10. Then again, I romp the fuck out of my truck.

Also, the door weatherstripping is shiat. I'm thinking about putting another autozone layer on it and siliconing it down to the door as well to actually make a proper seal.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Yea man it's annoying. I might just put a little silicon on it to get it to stick on the back