R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Concrete work

Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Smoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Smoove06's Tacoma Gallery
Concrete work

Anybody in know of a good, cheap and reputable person/company that does concrete work? I'm looking to extend my patio and i've got some quotes from a few companies i found on craigslist but to no avail. Either overpriced or no references. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought abou t doing it yourself? Its not hard. Set forms, prep the ground, order concrete, then make it flat. I could possibly lend a hand, depending on when you do this. I have all the tools from a Tamper, screed, float, and finishing tools.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Smoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've thought about doing it myself but with work and kids, i just don't have the time to do it.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove06 View Post
I've thought about doing it myself but with work and kids, i just don't have the time to do it.
Weekends! Give yourself a day to prep. Get things (forms) level, with slight drainage away from the house. Then, get quotes for the amount of concrete you need. We could nock it out (pouring the concrete) in half a day, including finishing, and save yourself a shit load of money.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #5

That's where the downfall is. I work every other weekend and when I don't work, my weekends are occupied by my needy wife and kids. I barely have anytime to meself for that matter!

I gotta research more about doing this, it may be my ultimate decision to just do it myself.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove06 View Post
That's where the downfall is. I work every other weekend and when I don't work, my weekends are occupied by my needy wife and kids. I barely have anytime to meself for that matter!

I gotta research more about doing this, it may be my ultimate decision to just do it myself.
Well, If you do this yourself, let me know. I'd be very willing to help. Drinks and lunch are ample payment
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Just keep the non stick pans away from Chris and you will be fine OP...
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well, If you do this yourself, let me know. I'd be very willing to help. Drinks and lunch are ample payment

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! My inlaws and i are originally from hawaii so "drinks and food" is abundant when guests are over.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you thought abou t doing it yourself? Its not hard. Set forms, prep the ground, order concrete, then make it flat. I could possibly lend a hand, depending on when you do this. I have all the tools from a Tamper, screed, float, and finishing tools.
^^^

get home from work today,mark your lines straight and at the right angle and bust out the pickaxe!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and OP, i love your sig
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have all the tools from a Tamper, screed, float, and finishing tools.
No darby ?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No darby ?
I dont use him anymore. He's always late.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
to bad you not close. my cuisine owns his own pump and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Just keep the non stick pans away from Chris and you will be fine OP...
this as well. and keep the any concrete or bondo away as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
and OP, i love your sig
Thanks! got it off a shirt my wife bought me! haha!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No darby ?
a 2x4 and a float. job finished.

Quote:
I dont use him anymore. He's always late.
i lol'd.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post

this as well. and keep the any concrete or bondo away as well.
I dont think Ive had a concrete mishap yet.....
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have a good close friend that does all my concrete work and he is awesome, fast and cheap.

I'll PM you his info.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #18

Quote:
That's reassuring
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yet...
Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
a 2x4 and a float. job finished.
There's more to some concrete jobs than just making it flat Son