Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

2012 Fourpeaks cleanup

Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
crgeorge is on a distinguished road
crgeorge's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Fourpeaks cleanup

Hi all,

It's the time of year that I like to announce this yearsFourpeaks/Sugarloaf cleanup. This years cleanup will be held on SaturdayNovember the 3rd. I know it's a while away but at least hopefully it will makeeveryone's calender. Last year we had a great turn out despite the weather withnearly 100 volunteers. We managed to fill 2 60 yard roll off dumpstersgraciously supplied by Allied Waste. To find the cleanup site, travel North onhighway 87 to the Fourpeaks turn off, East from highway 87 between mile markers203 and 204 on forest service road 143. The cleanup will be staged approx 1/2mile from highway 87 in the Fourpeaks staging area. This is our 3rd annualcleanup and we hope to have a fantastic turn out. There will be a raffle as inprevious years. You can see a list of sponsors as they become named on ourwebpage, www.copperstate4wheelers.com

I will try hard to keep up with all the online forums and postupdates as they become available. You can also follow updates on our Facebookas well. For questions you can contact me at chad@copperstate4wheelers.com.

Thank you all in advance for helping to make this year's cleanupa huge success.

Chad, Copperstate 4wheelers.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
crgeorge is on a distinguished road
crgeorge's Tacoma Gallery
Hi all. I wanted to remind everyone about the Fourpeaks cleanup this year. It will be held on Saturday November 3rd. Meeting time is 8AM. To find the cleanup site, travel North on highway 87 to the Fourpeaks turn off, East of highway 87 between mile markers 203 and 204 on forest service road 143. The cleanup will be staged approx 1/2 mile from highway 87 in the Fourpeaks staging area. Volunteers will be entered into a raffle which will be drawn at noon. Sponsors for the raffle include: Desert Rat, Rigid Industries, Asfir 4x4, Sierra Expeditions, Expeditioneers, and Hero Offroad to name a few. Children will also be entered into a special raffle. Please bring lunch, shovels, rakes, gloves, sunscreen, small trailers to help haul trash, and any other equipment that may be useful. This year, we need help with contractor grade trashbags. Also, maybe there is someone out there who wouldn't mind helping to sponsor lunch? If you have any questions, please PM me here or email me at chad@copperstate4wheelers.com
Thank you, Chad.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
1. 97yota4wd
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bump, no one else? for real az? seriously? you want out deserts to close down? come help clean up the places we want to keep open and wheel at.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
That's one of my favorite trails in the Phx area. Put me on the list, pending work travel doesn't interfere.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
bump, no one else? for real az? seriously? you want out deserts to close down? come help clean up the places we want to keep open and wheel at.
Calm Down. Maybe not everyone has seen it. I know I just did.
Quote:
1. 97yota4wd
2. 05Tacorunner
I'm in.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Calm Down. Maybe not everyone has seen it. I know I just did.

I'm in.
i was kidding? it was more to bump the thread than anything. im feeling pretty calm, you?

1.97yota4wd
2.seabass
3.05tacorunner
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ya little buddy. Any more calm and I would be asleep.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i'm mad as fuck.

1.97yota4wd
2.seabass
3.05tacorunner
4.BMOC
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Oh ya little buddy. Any more calm and I would be asleep.
haha me too, seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
i'm mad as fuck.

1.97yota4wd
2.seabass
3.05tacorunner
4.BMOC
i was yesterday, your a day late!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWil View Post
We'll be there!

1.97yota4wd
2.seabass
3.05tacorunner
4.BMOC
5.FlyingWil
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL probably what happened is everyone saw that you were coming and they all backed off

j/k little buddy
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I just realized. I'm a native to Az, and never once been to Four Peaks.

The brewery on the other hand is like a home away from home.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #15

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

It's a fun easy trail and you can either come back the way you came or go over the back and come out at Roosevelt Lake. 2wd stock can make it no problem, just don't go up it when it's snowy or really wet.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
It's a fun easy trail and you can either come back the way you came or go over the back and come out at Roosevelt Lake. 2wd stock can make it no problem, just don't go up it when it's snowy or really wet.

not just 1 trail though, hundreds, ones hard enough to need 42s lockers front rear solid axel crawler, and ones a civic could do!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #17
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
not just 1 trail though, hundreds, ones hard enough to need 42s lockers front rear solid axel crawler, and ones a civic could do!
Where the hell is that at? I've ran El Oso (cavalier able), and the road on top that off-shoots near the cell tower to it's end... there was one trail that look to run down toward Roosevelt I saw but I couldn't really make out where it went and what it was like so I didn't wanna risk it... Not saying they aren't there but I'm curious where these are at haha. Some nice camping up there though. Also in Butcher Jones I never saw anything that knarly... some very steep dangerous stuff but... nothing requiring 42's or anything. Sycamore I don't really consider part of that area, but even then....

Oh as for the run, tentatively in as I posted on AZT4WdA...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Where the hell is that at? I've ran El Oso (cavalier able), and the road on top that off-shoots near the cell tower to it's end... there was one trail that look to run down toward Roosevelt I saw but I couldn't really make out where it went and what it was like so I didn't wanna risk it... Not saying they aren't there but I'm curious where these are at haha. Some nice camping up there though. Also in Butcher Jones I never saw anything that knarly... some very steep dangerous stuff but... nothing requiring 42's or anything. Sycamore I don't really consider part of that area, but even then....

Oh as for the run, tentatively in as I posted on AZT4WdA...

do you know where the holding tank is at in 4 peaks? when you turn onto 4 leaks road off the 87 you take the fork right and it goes down into a valley type area with some big metal tanks, or where they used to be at. head down that wash south torwards saguaro lake, it will eventually turn into a canyon with straight up walls with huge rocks, im not shitting you, 6 feet tall.
i did it with 2 people and we were on dirtbikes, we all had to help lift our bikes over rocks, it was the gnarliest trail i have seen.

the hardest spot in the trail is about 2-3 miles long, and took us 1-2 hours on bikes, very experienced riders too.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
Banned
pics i found from 2 years ago, im sure its worse now.

pics still dont do it justice!