1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Follow up to the Coke Ovens closure..

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Taco Gunner, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    I say good for the owners...and this is why.

Unfortunately, there are some serious shit bags out there who have no issue with destroying other peoples property by flat out destruction, graffiti, vandalism, theft, shooting, and the motherfuckers who litter!

The OHV area on the south side of the White Tanks is an absolute filthy place due to all the garbage, targets, and spent shell casings all over the place. This is just one place! If ran things, I would start shutting these places down and if you are caught trespassing on them, you lose your vehicle or spend 40 hours of community service work cleaning them up.

I love Arizona and most everything about it...the dumbasses who litter or trash an otherwise pristine place should be shot where they stand.

The fucktards who trash these places are ruining it for everyone. We give those who want these places banned for offroad use plenty of ammo to support their reasoning. When me or my family are out on foot, we pick up trash along the trail. It sickens me to see this....

Now, a cool place once visited by thousands is closed because of a select few of shitbags have decided their ignorance/arrogance is more important than preserving an area. I applaud the owners and anyone else who wants to shut down these areas that are being overrun with human pieces of garbage. We need this lesson and maybe all OHV areas shut down...I really hope it does come to that but until we start policing our community..and even those not in it, we will lose what precious little areas we have.

Soap Box Dismount.

2. May 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I generally agree with you. Reddington Pass is the same way. Its a cess pool of beer cans, ammo shells, and shit people just dump. I try to always haul out more than what I brought up and if I ever shoot I pick up my brass and what ever else I can find.

This is why I won't go to the coke ovens, out of respect for the owners wishes.

3. May 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Sadly, the bros don't look at it that way.
    "I" wasn't the problem, someone else was, and "I" am not going to clean up after those pigs.

That's the attitude. So they'll move on to a different location and trash it.

4. May 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Too late now.

5. May 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    When I get back from Afghanistan, I will look into doing one at the White Tanks followed up by closing it to public use...or serious restrictions on it.

A few months back, some dudes son was shot in the leg while ATV'ing out there. Some numbnuts was not paying attention to his backstop...

6. May 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Its to late for the coke ovens. Expidition Portal has tried offering that but they owners have said no. They just want people to stay off the land and I understand it.

7. May 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    desert's gettin too small :(

Products Discussed in

To Top