R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Crown King needs our help

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Crown King needs our help

CROWN KING, AZ - Businesses in Crown King are desperately seeking customers as they have seen a steep drop in revenue following the Gladiator fire.
While businesses have reopened since the town’s evacuations, the tourists haven’t yet come back.
“It’s tough on my end and it’s really tough on the employees’ end,” said Sandy Baker who runs the G & S Crown King Café.
Baker said local residents have returned to the area, but without the large amount of tourists that normally visit Crown King, business has suffered.

“People need to know they can come up just like they always did,” she said.
Baker fears there is a misconception that drivers cannot get to the town. Currently, roads are open to Crown King, except along Senator Highway.
Other businesses have also felt the pinch, as the owner of the Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch told ABC15 she usually is booked full on a nightly basis, but has received just two reservations in recent weeks.
“The fire has basically devastated us,” said Taryn Denyce, who runs the ranch. “Our town is a ghost town again. ”
Denyce fears she won’t be able to cover all the bills if more tourists don’t return to the area. That fear is also shared down the street, with Baker, who said every business will suffer the longer visitors stay away.
“There will be businesses that will close and Crown King won’t be what it has been,” she said.
The Gladiator fire is currently 90 percent contained and has burned more than 16,000 acres.

http://www.abc15.com/video/videoplay...pversion=20361
Old 06-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
I have been wanting to do a back way trip. Might be interesting to go now.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would be up for a week day run, working the weekend rotation right now.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for a day run!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I'm down for a day run!
Isn't it still on fire though? Not sure...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Crown King is a cute town to just go up for the day, stop at their bar/resaurant for a big bowl of chili or a hamburger and a beer, and get out of the heat. I'm not going the back way any time soon at least until I replace my tires this summer, which isn't happening for a while. The front way is easy though, but I need to do some fund raising of my own before I can spend the money. I sure hope CK survives the lull in revenue.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Tacoman AZ View Post
Isn't it still on fire though? Not sure...
I thought it was over with. I haven't seen anything on the news about it recently.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
super n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I'm not going the back way any time soon at least until I replace my tires this summer, which isn't happening for a while.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
N7MCS

The fire is out in the CK area, all roads are open. They are still fighting, more like cleaning up, some small areas near were they stopped it. Not sure were that is exactly.