Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

New Tacoma and new to TW

Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
az623taco is on a distinguished road
Name: james
az623taco's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma and new to TW

Whats up AZ? New to TW, like to meet some locals near Phx and hit some trails. Kinda of limited though, no lift or sliders.... yet. Any suggestions for a 2012 DC 4X4? Not interested in spacers or long travel. Was thinking 2-3 inch. I also talked to Brandon at Avid about sliders.

I appriciate any input. Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Thanks C, nice truck.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Sorry I don't have any input on lifts and stuff. I'm keeping my truck stock so I don't have to deal with issues down the road.. Most of the guys on here are lifted so they will chime in sooner or later..

If you want stereo, then I can help you out
Old 07-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
I'll keep that in mind, thanks again.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!

for front lifts, a good option would be stock coils with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks which will give you 1.5" or 2.5". this is about $180

as for the back, you could get a new leaf pack or a 2" add-a-leaf
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Common sense isn't very common!
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Port Dawgs
Name: Johnathan
CrazyCooter's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SC. I got the toytec ultimate 3" for my 2012 and love it. I also got my sliders on here from 4x4 innovations (check under vendors section) awesome price even with shipping and they are weld on with kick out.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from chandler! Its a long expensive road man when you start modding your truck you will look at what someone else has and think "i need that" and before you know it you have spent a grip of money. But you will then have a badass truck haha. Honestly i recommend the old man emu lift package it is a great for functionality and not too hard on the budget. Then you will need bigger wheels and tires, a regear, and a spare tire rack, and a sweet stereo so you can hear you music over the sounds of the tires. Good luck and welcome to tw!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
Welcome from chandler! Its a long expensive road man when you start modding your truck you will look at what someone else has and think "i need that" and before you know it you have spent a grip of money.
true that. i just made this meme and it wont take you long to agree with it, OP

Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Yes welcome!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
Welcome from SC. I got the toytec ultimate 3" for my 2012 and love it. I also got my sliders on here from 4x4 innovations (check under vendors section) awesome price even with shipping and they are weld on with kick out.
x2 for the 4x4 sliders. cant beat the price.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
welcome!

for front lifts, a good option would be stock coils with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks which will give you 1.5" or 2.5". this is about $180

as for the back, you could get a new leaf pack or a 2" add-a-leaf
i had that on my truck before i went to long travel and it looked awesome and they actually hold up pretty good for offroading
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome OP, from Tempe!

I'm runnin the pro comp 3" kit. New shocks all around, aal, and new coils. About $500. Goes everywhere I want it to and more.. plus, pretty decent ride actually.. a few members that have ridden in my truck agree. You'll want new UCA's as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
505 Member

if you get sliders, get the weld on (unless your a mall crawler and you dont actually offroad). there easy to take off if you ever decide to sell the truck, just use a grinder.

instead of buying sliders, im having a fellow NM member (Whitecloud) make some for me for like half the price of sliders. there are a lot of AZ guys on here and getting to know a good metal fabricator near you can save you lots of money
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Welcome OP, from Tempe!

I'm runnin the pro comp 3" kit. New shocks all around, aal, and new coils. About $500. Goes everywhere I want it to and more.. plus, pretty decent ride actually.. a few members that have ridden in my truck agree. You'll want new UCA's as well.
Was waiting for you to chime in on this.

Yeah Josh's truck rides really nice for being lifted. Plus it looks good on top of that.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Was waiting for you to chime in on this.

Yeah Josh's truck rides really nice for being lifted. Plus it looks good on top of that.
awww.. well thanks man. lol
Old 07-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Welcome man, Avid did a legit job on my sliders and they've proven themselves well.

As for lifts... every single person is going to give you a different opinion so... just have to do some research to see what works best for you. Depends on what you want to spend also, and what you really want out of the truck. For me, my Fox mid-travel setup does extremely well and I'm happy with it (minus I need to do a few tweaks but all part of the fun )