Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Off-Road Shops?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
Post Off-Road Shops?

A search didn't yield the result I was looking for - a list of 4x4/fab shops in AZ - so in addition to hoping this isn't a repost, I'm looking for input on local shops you've used and your thoughts about pricing, quality of work, etc.

I am aware of Avid Offroad (Gilbert) but have no experience with them.

I have used Stone Soup Metalworks (Glendale) for stuff for my Jeep. I had a good experience there.

Are there any other shops that you've used and would recommend? Any that you've used and wouldn't recommend?

Are there any good ones in the Tucson area?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure in Tucson but SDHQ is very popular.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ--race quality work, a little steep on their prices (fab, parts, anything you could want)
AVID--top notch work, garage fab prices (fab only)
Desert rat
rubber side down

are you looking for parts or labor done?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know Tucson but i highly recommend:

Absolute Offroad in Phoenix
Letz Roll Offroad in Mesa
Hunter Offroad in Tempe (for custom fab work)

Those three I have personal experience with and would highly recommend.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Usually if it's something I can't or don't want to do myself I'll go to SDHQ (or Avid for fab)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
You want top notch fab done?

I have a friend that I have known for over 16 years. He really is a top notch metal fabricator. His work has been featured in tons of custom truck and rod magazines. He was even on monster garage! His shop is right in the middle of Phoenix and despite everything his prices are very very good.

http://www.autocorekustoms.com/

Talk to Kurt (Owner) tell him Jason Ducheny sent you.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sierra Expedition does lift kit installs, parts and I'll more than likely go with them to Regear my truck. They are in Tempe/Mesa on Broadway and the 101.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yea, I've got a lot of stuff from Sierra Expeditions too... good peeps
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
We post on here too, shoot me a PM with what you're looking for!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ FTW!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
SDHQ
Sierra Expeditions

Are really only places local I buy parts from. Fab I have a friend that does it if its something I'm not able to do.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Great responses, thanks.

I have an '08 Double Cab Short Bed Sport 4x4 and a buddy of mine just bought the Baja edition. He's looking for sliders to start with and we'll see where it goes from there. Skid plates are probably on the short list as well. I'm always looking for something...

We live on the NW side of Tucson so wanted to stay close by if possible. PHX isn't so far away but shipping big heavy parts is killer!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
Iron Beard

Well you could always come up here and depending day/time could probably do a mini meet for a drink or wheeling or what-not too
Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
You still want to hit Charouleau Gap some time?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
You still want to hit Charouleau Gap some time?
Yessir, even if it is just a dirt road these days
Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Don't be fooled. A couple of obstacles were destroyed but there is still plenty of action in the washes - especially after the monster rains we got. Much of the road is still plenty rocky and interesting too.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Iron Beard

cool, yea I'm game sometime man for sure
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
I'll have to host a trip after it cools off a bit. IF you get the itch before then, PM me and we'll plan a time to go.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
DesertRatOffroad is on a distinguished road

DesertRatOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
We have two store locations in Tucson and are based there. If you need store info let me know.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Tacoman AZ View Post
You want top notch fab done?

I have a friend that I have known for over 16 years. He really is a top notch metal fabricator. His work has been featured in tons of custom truck and rod magazines. He was even on monster garage! His shop is right in the middle of Phoenix and despite everything his prices are very very good.

http://www.autocorekustoms.com/

Talk to Kurt (Owner) tell him Jason Ducheny sent you.

That is one bad-ass-mutha-fucka right there...