Notices

Fossil Creek 8/4 or 8/5

View Poll Results: Which day
8/4 2 50.00%
8/5 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Fossil Creek 8/4 or 8/5

Which day?

Day will be decided by Tuesday 8PM.

List:
08pretaco
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Camping? Wheeling? Hiking? Drag racing?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
swimming
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Fossil Creek is a really cool area. Beautiful canyon with great places to swim, hike, fish, etc. Not sure if I would want to go for just one day though.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Day trip to get away
Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
KTM Rider
sdwiredog is on a distinguished road

Army: 4/29 Field Artillery-Commo
Name: Scott
sdwiredog's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going up there to do some specific 4 wheeling, or for just general enjoyment? Just curious. Both are good.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Almost there

Mostly just hanging at the waterfall, might do some wheeling if its right thereby most likely no more than the dirt road to get there
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Patrick's a Sunday, i should have sunday off, ill confirm tomorrow at work.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
KTM Rider
sdwiredog is on a distinguished road

Army: 4/29 Field Artillery-Commo
Name: Scott
sdwiredog's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like it could be fun. If I don't have side work this weekend I may go. I'll post status by mid-weed or so.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BTW fishing during certain seasons arent allowed at fossil creek. havent seen a single person there with a pole, but theres fish everywhere. i may be interested in a day trip...
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Banned
sucks you have to go through camp verde now.... how much longer of a drive is it?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
BTW fishing during certain seasons arent allowed at fossil creek. havent seen a single person there with a pole, but theres fish everywhere. i may be interested in a day trip...
Quote:
sucks you have to go through camp verde now.... how much longer of a drive is it?
closed to fishing during the summer months due to increased swimming traffic obviously (haha) great round tail chub and other indigenous AZ species in the spring. Honestly, through CV maybe adds another 20 minutes or less to the trip, I-17 is faster in general and you dont have to deal with the gnarly switchback road that is usually congested with idiot drivers in the summertime.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #13

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to know as I have always gone in through Strawberry, and usually go out through Camp Verde. Why is the other way closed? Landslides again?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Would like to go mid week if anyone's interested.....in Aug I work every weekend!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Spencer (jonesn13) is going saturday, more of a family trip though. Gf and I might be down for sunday. The camp verde way is definitely longer. I think from Tempe to the lot at fossil creek.. it was atleast 3 hours. The dirt road is super wash boarded out.. and there was some slow traffic. We were cruisin an avg. of like 25 the whole way when not stuck behind someone. Still took some time. Then, another 15-20 minute walk to the falls. we were there about a week ago. Not alot of people due to the closure. Water was perfect. Clear. great day.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Yah the road from Campe Verde is a little rough. Otherwise a nice drive.

I will be up there for certain on Saturday. I have some Fam in town and want to show them some of the secluded spots of AZ.

The closure from the Strawberry side was due to wear and tear on the road and to limit traffic. The creek was getting pretty trashed (litter-aly haha) last year and the Rangers were frustrated with the volume of people.

This year it seems that it has been pretty low traffic and the creek is recovering a bit. When I was up there with Josh a week or two ago there wasn't much trash left around and the bottom of the waterfall pool was trash free (last year I dove and pulled a trash bag worth of beer cans, goggles, shoes, glasses etc).

If you guys have any questions on the route just hit me up.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
This would be appealing if it werent a 5 hour trip for me...sorry guys. But for anyone in Tucson reading this and in the same boat, I did find a nice new lil place with a waterfall and giant pool, called Tanque Verde Falls or somthin like that
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #18
silvertrd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
silvertrd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
dang why couldnt this be next weekend i would be totally down but i have to work this weekend.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #19
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
We can always do more too. I'm always down to go. The gf is wanting to go since I went without her last time.lol
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #20

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna pass on this. Heading out Monday morning for Cedar Point amusement park, then going on a camping hike the following weekend. This would cut into my prep time.