R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tacoma Snorkel - Test Fit

Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
cool! thx
You might want to consider this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=324QKrJnfOA

I know this is for a Heep but I bet the results would be the same for a taco, but I'm no expert so...
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
These look a lot more adaptable to fiberglass fenders
Only reason I'm even looking : spy: o_O
Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
email sent.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
guys remember hes in arizona... hence the az section
Old 07-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
guys remember hes in arizona... hence the az section
Shoot didn't even notice that.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
didnt think about this too much till now....but there will be a supercharger in my truck sometime in the future. wouldnt a snorkel typically not work with with a supercharger??
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
no reason why it wouldnt
Quote:
cool! thx
Currently none of the snorkels on the market will work properly with the supercharger. The snorkel does not flow enough air for the S/C to work efficiently. Imagine trying to sprint while breathing through a bendy straw. There are a couple people that have tried it and dynoed it and they are loosing at least 50% boost through it.

There is one guy who plumbed his snorkle into his AFE CAI and when he is just driving around he leaves the top off the CAI, bad part about this is that your pulling hot engine compartment air. Then when he needs the snorkle he jsut puts the top back on the box and forces the system to breath through the snorkle when fording streams and such.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #32
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
If he wants a supercharged truck to work on I have a 2nd fender and could work something to bring my truck up for a day.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
ExpFinn is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ExpFinn's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate all the emails. Unfortunately I only have a small limited number of snorkels to test. I will email everyone back tomorrow and let you know If we can use your truck. We are hoping to launch these this fall. We could maybe start it out with a introductary Group Buy.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
This is the snorkel that brianr has, right?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Currently none of the snorkels on the market will work properly with the supercharger. The snorkel does not flow enough air for the S/C to work efficiently. Imagine trying to sprint while breathing through a bendy straw. There are a couple people that have tried it and dynoed it and they are loosing at least 50% boost through it.

There is one guy who plumbed his snorkle into his AFE CAI and when he is just driving around he leaves the top off the CAI, bad part about this is that your pulling hot engine compartment air. Then when he needs the snorkle he jsut puts the top back on the box and forces the system to breath through the snorkle when fording streams and such.
Thanks Chas for the info, just need to do some more research before I fully commit to it since a supercharger is much more important to me....especially when we live in AZ
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #36
Quote:
Thanks Chas for the info, just need to do some more research before I fully commit to it since a supercharger is much more important to me....especially when we live in AZ
I have done a TON of research on it so hit me up with your questions.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #38
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
If I'm not mistaken it is his truck in the pic that was posted....
I didn't look at the picture that closely.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #39
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have done a TON of research on it so hit me up with your questions.
Will do, thanks. As of right now I'm gunna back out of it
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #40
super n00b
2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of2012 Tacoman AZ has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2012 Tacoman AZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

LOL I think I remember posting something to this exact same point like several posts ago... Oh wait here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Tacoman AZ View Post
You might want to consider this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=324QKrJnfOA

I know this is for a Heep but I bet the results would be the same for a taco, but I'm no expert so...