R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Phoenix area disc golfers?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Phoenix area disc golfers?

Anyone in the PHX area on TW a regular disc golf player? I don't mean a daily player, just someone who knows the game, can make a par here and there, and has their own discs/bag? If so, post up here. I know it's hot out still, but some of us are trying to get together a somewhat regular meet at the Vista del Camino course in south Scottsdale. Headed there this Wednesday at 4:30pm with a friend from work if anyone is interested in a round. Experienced players only, please.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Can't make it this wednesday but would definitely like to play sometime. Ever played night golf? A lot nicer during the summer and just as easy as long as you know the lay out. Have any favorite courses around the valley?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
Can't make it this wednesday but would definitely like to play sometime. Ever played night golf? A lot nicer during the summer and just as easy as long as you know the lay out. Have any favorite courses around the valley?
Vista del Camino is my favorite because it is challenging with water hazards but also has plenty of wide open fairways and a mix of trees. Doesn't beat up plastic out there, too.

Never did a full round of night golf. Tried it once but I was too drunk to stand on the tee so that doesn't exactly count LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed on the grass being kind to the disc, I play out at papago a lot and after a few rounds my disc looks like a dog got a hold of it. Not sure if you know about the course in maricopa but its probably the most interesting lay out I have seen, goes through a neighborhood with some challenging holes that go around houses and water, also all grass and over seeded in the winter
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #5

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed on the grass being kind to the disc, I play out at papago a lot and after a few rounds my disc looks like a dog got a hold of it. Not sure if you know about the course in maricopa but its probably the most interesting lay out I have seen, goes through a neighborhood with some challenging holes that go around houses and water, also all grass and over seeded in the winter
You couldn't pay me to play out in Maricopa. Fucking hate it out there.

I used to play Papago for years. Love that course! Super technical and I always used my less-desirable plastics out there. Not on my side of town anymore, though. Neither is Scottsdale, but I'm willing to make the exception.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
silvertrd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
silvertrd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

i like to go to the park off 23rd ave and bell or the park off thunderbird cause those are the 2 closest courses to me. but im always interested in checking out a new course
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I used to play alot with some buddies about 4 years ago...we kinda fell out of it and I donated all my disks/gear to Play It Again Sports...fun times for sure.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How close are you to buffalo ridge?
i think buffalo ridge is a great spot! i guess it helps that the park is mere walking distance from my house..
Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #10

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How close are you to buffalo ridge?
Not far from it at all. My son's mom's house is literally right there next to it so I've played it a couple times. It's horrible on plastic, so I only take my crap discs out there.