R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Florence Junction/Rail-X Run 8/4

Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Florence Junction/Rail-X Run 8/4

Yes I know there's two other runs out there but this was already in the works off of TW. So, there's choices for stuff to do Saturday so no one can complain about not having choices :P

Meet location: Gold Canyon Shell station (map & info below)
Roll-out Time: 0830 (rollout by 0900)
Duration: Entire day
Difficulty: Easy
Requirements: Some ground clearance (stock should be fine), a good attitude, and as always the expectation that damage can occur when using your vehicle off-highway as always.

Anyway, meet location will be updated but We'll start going though through Cottonwood Canyon making our way to Florence, stop for lunch at A&M Pizza, then continue on through the Rail-X area to get to Tucson. From there people can take the highways back home or where ever. This run will be with AZT4WDA members as well.

Note, 2WD friendly, and safety is key. We don't want anyone to push either their own or their vehicles limits on this... just to have some fun, be able to explore an area I think most haven't seen (I know I haven't myself), be able to kick the tail out and drift maybe even get some donuts in and just have some good times.

-Update Fri 08/08/12-
Sorry for the delay... Here is an approximate map of the route, we may modify slightly as we go but this will give the general idea.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...20216,0.039396

Meeting location will be the Shell on U.S. 60 in Gold Canyon at 08:30
Gold Canyon Shellmore info‎
7138 East US Highway 60
Gold Canyon, AZ 85118
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...26382,0.029655

And again, planning for lunch at A&M in Florence.

As for what time we'll hit Rail-X... hard to say. Depends on road conditions and how fast the group is going... so I can't really give a real estimate for that. I personally haven't run most of this, another has though.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I might be up for this. I am supposed to be taking the family out for breakfast with the Firebird so I have to maybe re-arrange things.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Nooooo... ill be at Avid (if all goes well) Saturday morning. Dammit! Everything is planned for Saturday this weekend.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
we will be out that direction early saturday morning shooting some video. We will be at Desert Wells OHV area in Apache Junction at 7am. Anyone is welcome to join us however keep in mind that last weekend we were stopped for using trust land without a permit (which we now have). We went out the to Cottonwood area after we were turned away from DW last weekend and its a cool area with lots of fast roads, just we cautious of other traffic in the area.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i'm interested
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
is there a name of the florence jnc trail?

jake is this the one that we all did back in the day and Harelson took it 5 lug out on through the narrow canyon and such?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I saw rail X and thought it was the Tucson Rail X I assume this is closer to Phx. I have been meaning to get back with you guys for some pics so can anyone shoot me a map showing where this is?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Wait... Is this the Tucson Rail X or not???
Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
is there a name of the florence jnc trail?

jake is this the one that we all did back in the day and Harelson took it 5 lug out on through the narrow canyon and such?
Cottonwood Canyon is the name of the OHV area. We were out there last weekend with the Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
I saw rail X and thought it was the Tucson Rail X I assume this is closer to Phx. I have been meaning to fget back with you guys for some pics so can anyone shoot me a map sowing where this is?
It is RailX in Tucson IIRC from what Jake was saying
Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post

It is RailX in Tucson IIRC from what Jake was saying
Now that I read the whole post I get it. The Phx guys are heading down to Rail X from Florance area. Ok. I am a maybe. What time does everyone expect to be at rail X?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sdhq that the place you got haggled for no passes?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks!

We were at Desert Wells, just off the 60 by the Ren Fest grounds. Cottonwood is further south which is where we went after.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #13

I have another tacoma that want sto come out with me. I just need to know when to meet you guys at Rail X.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First post is update with maps, meet time and location updated. Sorry for the delay
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #15
Iron Beard

can peeps chime in so I can get a headcount? I can pm my number to anyone that needs it
Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
ill be there
Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #17

I can't make it to the Phx meet in time. I would like to meet you guys some where along the way but with out a time frame I would be just rolling an hour with hopes of catching you.

You guys plan to run CBs? if so what channel?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
I can't make it to the Phx meet in time. I would like to meet you guys some where along the way but with out a time frame I would be just rolling an hour with hopes of catching you.

You guys plan to run CBs? if so what channel?
I'll have a CB. Last time they usesd channel 11.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'm in too!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #20