R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Cab mount chop

Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Cab mount chop

Are there any members in the Tucson area or somewhat nearby the Tucson area that has done the cab mount chop on their Tacoma? I need to get that done on my 2011 and I have absolutely no welding skills or even a welder to try to do it with for that matter....
Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Come on up to Phx and have Sierra Expeditions do it
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yea? What do they run? Do I need to supply the plates to weld on or do they supply that as well?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Desert Rat did mine for $150......they have locations in Tucson too!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get mine done as well...
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Retired Senior NCO

Sublime,

Did they have the cab mount plates or did you have to supply them?
Old 08-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the mounts on Tacos?

My buddy had to chop his off his FJ and they were plain and simple on the rear of the wheel well. I'm not seeing any on my truck tho (2012 DC Prerunner). Getting 285/70r17 next week so I'm trying to figure it out.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Hawaii, Fuck Yeah!
MADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMADtaco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
MADtaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha88 View Post
Where are the mounts on Tacos?

My buddy had to chop his off his FJ and they were plain and simple on the rear of the wheel well. I'm not seeing any on my truck tho (2012 DC Prerunner). Getting 285/70r17 next week so I'm trying to figure it out.
Remove the front mud flaps and you'll see the entire cab mount.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtaco09 View Post
Remove the front mud flaps and you'll see the entire cab mount.
Oh ok, maybe he had to hack something else off the rear then.. thanks.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
avid off road does them for $100. They cut and fill the cab mount.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtaco09 View Post
^^ Nice and clean!
Thanks, I shower about once a week. Yesterday was shower day....
Old 08-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Retired Senior NCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
avid off road does them for $100. They cut and fill the cab mount.

That's a good deal but they are around 115 miles from me. Would love to find someone closer to Tucson that could weld. That way I could pick up some plates from BAMF and have them welded on..
Old 08-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They cut and weld new plates on and painted it black.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
sfcadams let me know where you end up going I need mine done as well maybe they will hook it up if we have two trucks. I have a guy that can do it local but I need to get a price as hes a skilled fab guy so it may not be cheap.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i did mine myself, if you have a sawsal, its super easy!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #18

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You sawzal'd it? Like a boss......grinder would be easier but welding new plates is the hard part!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
That's a good deal but they are around 115 miles from me. Would love to find someone closer to Tucson that could weld. That way I could pick up some plates from BAMF and have them welded on..
I have an FJ friend that should be able to weld them for you out in tucson if you have the plates
Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #20
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
im gunna throw my .02 in regardless of the 115miles (im from tucson as well).....Brandon from Avid did an awesome job on mine!! very clean, ill try to get some pics later today