R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

TUCSON EXPLORING

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
TUCSON EXPLORING

Hey all,
I am looking at doing some more exploring of the tucson area and Santa Rita mountains just south. I found what appears to be a promising road although its possible its two small for vehical travel. I am not 100% sure.

I would like to go explore soon and am curious if anyone would like to join me. Preferably 4x4 with some recovery gear as I dont know how rough the terrain is but as you can see from the map its a decent loop and covers some pretty good terrain so I would expect it to be a little rough.

http://goo.gl/maps/x3rx3

There is no date or time set for this yet, just seeing if anyone is interested in doing it.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Judging my the thread title, I thought you were coming out of the closet finally. But you know if I am off work, I'm always ready for a good trail ride.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty fuckin gnarly in spots, real tight in some areas and check out 31.687961,-110.847676, that fucking boulder in the trail is bigger than my truck lmao... actually looking at it again it's not in the trail at all but whatever. Probably a fun place to explore, but I wouldn't take my truck out there without knowing what I'm getting in to because I can't afford to fix my shit if I break it lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Looks pretty fuckin gnarly in spots, real tight in some areas and check out 31.687961,-110.847676, that fucking boulder in the trail is bigger than my truck lmao... actually looking at it again it's not in the trail at all but whatever. Probably a fun place to explore, but I wouldn't take my truck out there without knowing what I'm getting in to because I can't afford to fix my shit if I break it lol.
Well, like I said, no guarantee it passable by vehicle. There is only one way to find out. Come down to Tucson on Friday and you can ride with me!!! Worst case we can hit Gunsite pass.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I am down to try it out! It would be worth exploring either way.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down, but I am not looking to brake anything so that would determine if I push forward or back out.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
If anyone ever wants to go wheeling I go almost every weekend and on off weekends we are at the lake or mine exploring. Feel fee to hit me up if youd like to go. I wheel with a Jeeper buddy but sometimes we go to 2WD friendly places as well.
Ill just respond to this in here since it relates to wheeling haha. For sure man, lemme know when you hit up the 2wd friendly places, i love spelunking and gettin out of the apt! We can discuss at the meet/greet too
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
That last section labeled D is part of the Arizona Trail which means no motorized vehicles allowed. I'd think it would be tough to fit a motorcycle on there, much less a Tacoma.

As you mentioned, Gunsight Pass is out there and isn't too gnarly. There are a lot of cool side-roads to explore.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Ill just respond to this in here since it relates to wheeling haha. For sure man, lemme know when you hit up the 2wd friendly places, i love spelunking and gettin out of the apt! We can discuss at the meet/greet too

Sounds good man!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
That last section labeled D is part of the Arizona Trail which means no motorized vehicles allowed. I'd think it would be tough to fit a motorcycle on there, much less a Tacoma.

As you mentioned, Gunsight Pass is out there and isn't too gnarly. There are a lot of cool side-roads to explore.
Where did you find where it was labeled "D" All I did to find it was looking for trailed on google maps so....
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Where did you find where it was labeled "D" All I did to find it was looking for trailed on google maps so....
I clicked on the link. On the left of the screen (you might have to expand the view) is a series of navigation points with letter designations.

If you still can't see them, the point I'm talking about is near the southern part of the loop where it heads east. If you zoom in you can see that it's labeled Arizona Trail.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
x2.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
I clicked on the link. On the left of the screen (you might have to expand the view) is a series of navigation points with letter designations.

If you still can't see them, the point I'm talking about is near the southern part of the loop where it heads east. If you zoom in you can see that it's labeled Arizona Trail.
Well there are a ton of other little spur trail around the area. I am probably still going up just to explore and see what I can find.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
RAGEAHOLIC

We should go after the meet So We can persuade others to go
Old 08-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Did you decide on a time? If you want to go before or after the Tucson meet I'd be down to go with you. Maybe Friday the 24th? I can crash down there over night and we can head out the next morning to beat the heat a little. Don't know what your work schedule is like, so it's just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
We should go after the meet So We can persuade others to go
OK, how about we go wheel on the 24th, I have that day off. My back needs another week or so to heal anyways.

We can do some exploring and go up to Gunsight pass, maybe do a little shooting as well.