R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ LED Gauge swap

Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
AZ LED Gauge swap

Local Only - I Supply LED's

$80 -Gauges
$15 -Steering Wheel Controls/Per Side
$10 -Switches/Per Switch

I can do all four guages and needles in any color theme.
Also, warnings, caution lights, blinker arrows, ect.

Any questions please PM or Text (480) 528-6088

Here is my Taco and wifes 4-Runner.

Jonesn13's

BMOC

Aw9d

Window switch, Buttons & steering wheel controls

Rav4 Guages

1st Gen - Tacomagirl64

Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like in your picks you have some LEDs out.

Good luck to ya. I was doing this in SA for awhile. Good cheep mod to do.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Looks like in your picks you have some LEDs out.

Good luck to ya. I was doing this in SA for awhile. Good cheep mod to do.
Not exactly sure what your seeing, but maybe Ill have to try and take some better pictures.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Looks like the tacks for fuel and temp are not lit up on the Tacoma. Blue back ground. If one is not working then the other won't. Just tryin to help ya out.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Looks like the tacks for fuel and temp are not lit up on the Tacoma. Blue back ground. If one is not working then the other won't. Just tryin to help ya out.
Are you talking about the needles?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I believe he is. The needle for the tac is not as bright as the speedometer, and the gas and temp look very dim almost inop on your tacoma vs your wifes 4runner.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
Yes the needles are out on the Tacoma.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
GoldMember

Probably because the speedo needle I did 2 white and 1 blue. The tach 1 green and 1 blue, and fuel and temp 1 green each. I also didnt paint the backs of the needles, I was just experimenting. Plus the camera didnt get it very well. But I assure you that there is no burnt LED's.

Also, this morning I changed all the needles to pure white and painted them, just to cure any doubt about whether or not I can tell if a LED looks "inop" or "out" and took another picture. Sucks cause I kinda liked the green.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
Aaawell didn't know you put green for the needles on that side. Green with the red needles maybe why.

There are a lot of guys in AZ and I'm sure plenty will want this done.

Good luck OP
Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
Probably because the speedo needle I did 2 white and 1 blue. The tach 1 green and 1 blue, and fuel and temp 1 green each. I also didnt paint the backs of the needles, I was just experimenting. Plus the camera didnt get it very well. But I assure you that there is no burnt LED's.

Also, this morning I changed all the needles to pure white and painted them, just to cure any doubt about whether or not I can tell if a LED looks "inop" or "out" and took another picture. Sucks cause I kinda liked the green.
What did you paint them with?

And why did you have to paint them?
Old 08-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
What did you paint them with?

And why did you have to paint them?
The backside of the stock needles are originally painted red, I used nail polish remover to take the red off and paint the backside white. It helps the color and light of the LED reflect brighter. I used white acrylic from a local RC hobby shop.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! thanks for the tip.. I'm still debating if I want to tackle this myself or not.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do this.. but the thing is.. there's still a lot of orange lighting in our trucks. I want them ALL the same color. So I may stick to orange. My deck can change colors so everything matches already..

Looks sweet tho! I would want everything white.. with red needles.

Good luck OP! People.. jump on this. $50 is cheap!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
I want to do this.. but the thing is.. there's still a lot of orange lighting in our trucks. I want them ALL the same color. So I may stick to orange. My deck can change colors so everything matches already..

^^^^^^
What he said...
ALL the same color white with red needles. Post some more pics when you do more. Nice to see someone in AZ doing these.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #15
kfree1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
kfree1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be back in Tempe in a couple weeks. I'm for sure hitting you up to get this done
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post

Im already looking in to doing all the accessory and option lighting such as the radio, steering wheel controls, clock and power windows and locks. Ill update OP when it happens.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfree1 View Post
I'll be back in Tempe in a couple weeks. I'm for sure hitting you up to get this done
Sounds good :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
lemme know how u do the buttons and everything. i did my gauges and radio all blue and white. just waiting to do the hvac stuff and steering controls
its an easy mod
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
Im already looking in to doing all the accessory and option lighting such as the radio, steering wheel controls, clock and power windows and locks. Ill update OP when it happens.
Sweeet.. keep us posted then. Cuz I will DEFINITELY have this done then.