R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Charlou Gap attempt in Prerunner

Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Charlou Gap attempt in Prerunner

I went out to Charlou Gap with some of my friends today and tried to make it through. Had to turn around as it got too rocky/boulder filled and started getting stuck. Still had lots of fun, dented my bumper, messed up my alignment and had to get pulled up a few difficult spots. Will I do it again, no, but at least I tried.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=aeb1deac83

Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Why didnt you post this up, I would have gladly gone out the Charlou, I didnt even know this was out our way? How hard was the run? You need to show me this place...
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man, it's not as hard as it used to be since they bull bozed the spot but how far back did you make it? Did you go from Oracle or the front way? Still want to check that out soon.....we should plan something for next month?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Nice man, it's not as hard as it used to be since they bull bozed the spot but how far back did you make it? Did you go from Oracle or the front way? Still want to check that out soon.....we should plan something for next month?
Yea, I have been reading that the dozed it a while back. WTF is with them dozing all of the offroad areas.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Why didnt you post this up, I would have gladly gone out the Charlou, I didnt even know this was out our way? How hard was the run? You need to show me this place...
I went with some guys from my work and it was a last minute thing. They invited me on Friday at the end of the day.

Here's the GPS coordinates I got off the AZFJ forum.

Catalina Side
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.019312&z=16

Oracle Side
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=16&iwloc=addr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
We started from Catalina. It's not that hard especially for a 4WD. But we only made it that sign that says 4WD required, which is basically where all the boulder crawling starts, which is a big problem for 2WD. Plus we had a stock Jeep Cherokee on street tires with us as well, double handicap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Yea, I have been reading that the dozed it a while back. WTF is with them dozing all of the offroad areas.
Yeah, I was looking at a lot of the local forums and they all had posted pictures of the bulldozing work but those pictures are old and the trail is still pretty rough.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #6

This one of the cool obstacles they bulldozed.

Before

After

This is how it looks when I went yesterday.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, it's getting rutted out again!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I still want to run this sometime
Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I am definitely down to run this.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I still want to run this sometime
It's an awesome trail. Just no Prerunners
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
It's an awesome trail. Just no Prerunners
Well it's a good thing I'm locked, 4x4 and a-trac for front/rear with KM2's and all armor
Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Jake.. lets do it. and the trail up north..
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Iron Beard

I'm down, I wanna wheel a lot more
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #15
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wheel all the time just 4X4, No armor, No trac, No nothing. Just a truck and some tires.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
In for this if a date is ever set. Ran it prob 10 years ago and wanna go back.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
bcm79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
bcm79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
In for this if a date is ever set.
x2
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #18
RAGEAHOLIC

X2 +1
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Well we have a long W.E.