R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Kofa run

Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Kofa run

So we made a Kofa run south of Quirtzsite weekend before last. Thinking about doing a 2 day camping run this coming weekend. Here are some picks. All the cabins were open for camping first come first serve. 8 hours in the desert and did not see a soul. good run but not enough time.
Attached Thumbnails
Kofa run-img_0687.jpg   Kofa run-img_0689.jpg   Kofa run-img_0690.jpg   Kofa run-img_0700.jpg   Kofa run-img_0701.jpg  

Kofa run-img_0703.jpg   Kofa run-img_0714.jpg   Kofa run-img_0718.jpg   Kofa run-img_0720.jpg   Kofa run-img_0725.jpg  

Kofa run-img_0740.jpg   Kofa run-img_0744.jpg   Kofa run-img_0769.jpg   Kofa run-img_0786.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting spot, thanks for sharing! I could see this being really nice in the spring/fall. How were the night temps out there?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
how long is this trail? looks very well maintained
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Interesting spot, thanks for sharing! I could see this being really nice in the spring/fall. How were the night temps out there?
We stayed in hotel at Quirtzsite and hit the trails early Sunday. Temp at night were in the 90's. It was hot.

We did 4 trials for 73 miles total about 8 hrs driving. The Hoodo wash trial had a couple of technical spots. I was on two wheels at a couple of points.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a fun place.

Also, I'm pretty sure you live in my neighborhood. Or very close to it.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Looks like a fun place.

Also, I'm pretty sure you live in my neighborhood. Or very close to it.
I live in Gilbert. Warner and Gilbert are my cross streets. Honk and wave if you see me.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really cool

So many times Quartzite is merely a place to fill up on my way to LA and back...didn't realize there was much neat stuff to see and do. Wintertime would indeed be fun to check this out.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting...

Live south of there, but have never traveled out to see the area.
(Always heading to the mountians... cooler )

Thanks again.

Yuma Taco,
Old 09-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Niceee...