R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

It's official, I became a Tacoma owner today! (pics)

Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
BlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
BlondeRod's Tacoma Gallery
It's official, I became a Tacoma owner today! (pics)

Finally sold my Siverado, and picked up a 2001 Regular Cab, Shortbed, 5 speed, 4x4 with 62k, on 33's in MINT CONDITION, and a few minor issues For $2500. With that in mind, I wanted a fixer-upper, and I have a few bucks left over from the silvy sale to get it up to par.

It's gonna be fun.

Minor collision with a forklift

Superior weather protection

Even came with some free goodies

This is what I sold

At a TW meet. I was a Wanna-be.

It needs: New bed or bedsides, Radio, O2 sensors/fuel pump(impossible to drive), Wheels n Tires (none of them match, going down to 31 inch treadwrights), Front/back windshield, Im sure there is more. You know, just the usual. U mirin?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
What's up man, I remeber you and your brother were out there with us right? I remember your front end on the silverado was air born half the time in the whoops.......you'll fit in here real well!

That's a nice little truck man, great deal!

PS - stay with 33's and fiberglass that bitch!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
BlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant futureBlondeRod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
What's up man, I remeber you and your brother were out there with us right? I remember your front end on the silverado was air born half the time in the whoops.......you'll fit in here real well!

That's a nice little truck man, great deal!
Lmao ya that was me. Motocross mentality. Faster =/= smoother in a stockish truck.

Who were you if you don't mind me asking? Trying to match profile to face.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Instead of just getting a new bed/bedside, make it into a flat bed?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeRod View Post
Lmao ya that was me. Motocross mentality. Faster =/= smoother in a stockish truck.

thats funny man, im the same way.

its true, faster=smoother
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me feel kinda silly spnding $33K on one last month! Welcome aboard!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Thanks everybody! It died 4 times on the way home(less than a mile), but Im super attached already <3 Did I dun goof on spending this much on a POS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
thats funny man, im the same way.

its true, faster=smoother
Not in the fullsize, I just got in the zone too hard I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Welcome! Instead of just getting a new bed/bedside, make it into a flat bed?
I never thought of that...Interesting Idea though, could look pretty badass
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! x2 on making it a flat bed
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i say...

collect insurance, keep the bed the way it is, fix with insurance money.

any insurance money left ofer after its fixed.... MID TRAVEL!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
^ OHHHH LAWWDDDDDD at flatbed pics

That would be sick. I dont know if I have enough funds to get everything running mint, buy a welder, metal, AND do an SAS which would be necessary

I got it after the forklift incident, and its a bonded title, so idk bout that insurance deal

AND I need to save a few Hundred to buy a 12 gauge
Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
SAS doesn't need to be done right away. Can always come in time.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
Ill be broke in time though...

Another sweet feature i just discovered: Stolen single den samsung deck underneath the front seat!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #15

Air Force:
Your truck looks a bit beat up man. I hope you got it for a hell of a deal, like under 7k.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Notsherriffsrs...

$2500. Is that fair? It's beat to chit, but Im gonna have fun with it.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #17

Air Force:
Yeah. 3.4L? Guess I should have read the original again. Drinking and watching football makes me lose focus. I would start with a good suspension. You may have a lift, but what kind? Spacer, coils? What? I would start with that. Body can look like shit, but as long as the suspension/engine runs well you can't go wrong.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
Haha I know how that goes, anything makes me lose focus. I think its got either the 2.7L or 2.4L and the 5 speed manual.
I have no idea on the lift, if any TBH, the tires rub like a somebish, but the cv angles aren't bad at all.
First priority is getting it drivable. Ill probably throw in 02 sensors Monday, and if that doesnt fix it, fuel pump. The scanner said fuel pump though.

There is no lift that I can see, at least no spacers on the coils or anything, and no blocks on the back. The leafs do have some negative arch, maybe an AAL? Iv only ever dealt with Dropbracket Torsion Bar Lifts
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Snap some pics, guys here will tell ya what it's got.

Welcome to your new lifelong obsession
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeRod View Post
notsherriffsrs..

$2500. Is that fair? It's beat to chit, but Im gonna have fun with it.

lol you can talk like this on tw....no one understands it hhaha dude i am so glad you are in the tacoma family now..... soniamproud.jpeg