R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

FALL 2012 TRAIL RUN/CAMPING TRIP

View Poll Results: Which weekend for Trail Run/Camping Trip?
October 6th - 7th 6 35.29%
October 13th - 14th 1 5.88%
November 3rd - 4th 8 47.06%
November 10th - 11th 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
FALL 2012 TRAIL RUN/CAMPING TRIP

**Dates are set and there will be 1 TRAIL RUN/DAY TRIP AND 1 TRAIL RUN/CAMPING TRIP: OCTOBER 6TH and NOVEMBER 2ND 3RD & 4TH**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOVEMBER 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Where: Mt. Lemmon Control Road starting in Oracle, AZ Northeast of Tucson

What: Trail Run and Camping. Maintained 25 mile dirt road and 2WD friendly without any lift (Seriously, Ive seen cars take this road to the top). Going off the main control road to take on trails such as Rice Peak will require 4WD although some have made it up 2WD locked and lifted with off road tires. There's also the Peppersauce Caves for the spelunking type. Drive time from Oracle to the fire station on top off Catalina Hwy is approximately 1.5 to 2 hours without really stopping anywhere. Mt. Bigelow trail head/campgrounds have plenty of big campgrounds which would be able to accommodate a big group of us.

Attending:
1. T4C0CH40S (Camping 2nd)
2. mh.meier (Camping 2nd)
3. mbmack1 (Camping 2nd)
4. snowtank
5. Signalbobby
6. YumaTRD
7. neslerrah (?)
8. bcm79 (?)
9. GREEKBOY12295 (possibly)

*SEASONAL ROAD CLOSURE IS FROM DECEMBER 15TH THROUGH MARCH 1ST (So we are good there)*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAST YEARS RUN:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arizona/173727-backside-mt-lemmon-run-10-1-11-a.html
PICS

Following pics taken by Harrelsen (neslerrah) -Rice Peak Trail

OCTOBER 6th @ 1030AM

Where: Mt. Lemmon Control Road starting in Oracle, AZ

Attended:
1. T4C0CH40S (+1)
2. mh.meier (+2)
3. Claymore21
4. boardude
5. b4iceman
6. 4x4Taco09

SUCCESS

MAPS
Rice Peak and Control Road
Oracle Control Road

Rice Peak

...Will be updating as more info becomes available
Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Could be in on this. Didn't vote yet cuz I'm open to any of them really.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Could be in on this. Didn't vote yet cuz I'm open to any of them really.
Same here. That far in advance I can pretty much take any of those days.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm kinda open too, But I got to go through my storage room and see if I still have any camping gear.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Prob any weekend will work for me.....In Nov the trees should be changing color. Haven't voted yet though.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Cool well I did pick the first weekend in october since its before glamis and i could benefit from a camping trip beforehand to remind myself of what camping equipment is needed for a 2 night trip in glamis. but then again november would be nice too when the trees are changing and itll be a bit cooler...maybe ill change the poll to just 2 options being october or november.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be up for a trail run and camping! When does the gate close on the back side of Mt Lemon?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore21 View Post
I'd be up for a trail run and camping! When does the gate close on the back side of Mt Lemon?
im not sure when its closed but same time last year it was open, i would say they close it in december or if theres severe weather
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
I was thinkin mt lemmon again, its close for us and not too far for phx guys. I really just wanna camp and they have great spots up on mt bigelow that will fit a bunch of trucks and people all at once
Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I was thinkin mt lemmon again, its close for us and not too far for phx guys. I really just wanna camp and they have great spots up on mt bigelow that will fit a bunch of trucks and people all at once
I think mt lemmon is probably the best choice. That's my vote anyway.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I want to camp, but I ain't got a truck. Maybe if Chas gets to go I can ride with him...
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
If It's mt lemmon I am down! Or anywhere close anyway. I have too many lake trips lined up between now and then and they are all pretty far.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
October would be best for me. Not sure what weekend SEMA is going to fall on though yet... so that's really my main limiting factor
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Your going to SEMA? Ass...
Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I haven't been to Mt. Lemmon in probably 10 years or more, so I'd be down for that, as long as there's a way in from the North side. The route Google is telling me to take goes all the way through Tucson and then back North again and would take three and a half hours to do I know that's not the only way right?
That's not the only way. If you follow the link that Tacochaos posted in his 1st post from last years run it shows the back way which goes through Oracle, which is on the north side of Mt. Lemmon.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Though it's probably still faster to go up the paved side...