R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

TRD / URD Short Shifter

Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
TRD / URD Short Shifter

Hey AZ locals, I am looking for someone that has a TRD or URD short shifter installed. I am looking to order one of the kits, but I would like to see how it works so I can get the right one for me. I live in the north Scottsdale area and I can meet up wherever it is convenient.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14U2NV View Post
Hey AZ locals, I am looking for someone that has a TRD or URD short shifter installed. I am looking to order one of the kits, but I would like to see how it works so I can get the right one for me. I live in the north Scottsdale area and I can meet up wherever it is convenient.
I have one but am in Tucson. What do you want to know? I originally purchased the URD but changed my mind and went with the TRD. The TRD is more expensive but easier to install. Both work great.

Basically all the do is raise to pivot point of the shifter which then shortens the throw of the upper half by lengthening the throw of the lower half. Install is super easy and took 30 minutes from start to finish once I figured out how to remove my center console.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
what chas said, it's totally worth it.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Let me know if you want to see the URD shifter

I have one in my '02 and it works like a champ..simple instructions and took maybe an hour while taking my time with a friend. Let me know and I can let you try it out. I am in the North Scottsdale area myself.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHornet View Post
I have one in my '02 and it works like a champ..simple instructions and took maybe an hour while taking my time with a friend. Let me know and I can let you try it out. I am in the North Scottsdale area myself.
Hey, thats great! When and where is a good time and place to meet. I am available most evenings.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Available on Wed after 7pm

PM me and we can pick a spot..Im always partial to Starbucks
Old 09-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I have a URD..not complicated at all. I dont even remember what the stock throw felt like
Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for meeting up with me last night. I put my order in for a URD short shifter today.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
No problem..its fun to talk to another Taco enthusiast

Let me know when you get it put in....
Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
Parts came in the mail today. Looks like I will be doing the install tonight.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14U2NV View Post
Parts came in the mail today. Looks like I will be doing the install tonight.
good luck and have fun!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Ditto!

You will be very happy...let me know how it comes out.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I am sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I have a URD shifter and it is fantastic!

Good luck with the install buddy!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it took about an hour to get everything all done. It was a PITA to get the plastic bushing off the old shifter. That was the most time consuming task. All is back together and running great.

I wish they would have included a couple of alignment sleeves for the spacer. That would have made the installation easier.

When is the next get together? Anyone that is interested can check it out.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
Lets do java and talk cars

I would love to check out the shifter..maybe hit a trail now that its getting cooler..or we could take the "other" rides and tear up a road somewhere