R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Martinez Canyon

Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: Mike
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Martinez Canyon

Me and a buddy are wheeling Martinez canyon in the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going. We havent decided on day yet seeing as how we are trying to get as much out of the lake as we can before it gets too cold. It is a pretty difficult trail but it looks like a lot of fun. If there is any interest let me know and we can set up a date. Thanks a lot fellas

Edit:
Here is a link of some pics from the Yotatech group that ran Martinez Canyon
http://www.yotatech.com/f100/az-mart...5-07-a-132481/

and a link from 4X4wire.com
http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/...ez02/index.htm

and a link from expedition portal that gives some good info on the trail
http://www.expeditionportal.com/adve...ez-canyon.html
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting to do Box Canyon/Martinez Canyon for a while now and would love to join you if I'm able.

Let me know when you get it planned.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
filo bedo is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
filo bedo's Tacoma Gallery
Last I had heard Fransisco from the Tucson BLM had declared Martinez closed to motor vehicle travel. There is a lot of talk about it on the local jeep forum. Would hate to see the BLM make an example of you. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
I know a way in that will bring you on the other side of Box canyon. Its a technical hill climb and we could go to Martinez mine. I have a land use permit that was $20. I suggest you get one. I got mine off the AZ parks webpage. I have wanted to find a way from cotton wood canyon road to box canyon but have failed or chickened out so far. I will go any 2 weekends left in Sep.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Already got permits. We wheeled there a couple weeks ago and it definitely was closed. Who knows. Guess we will just have to find out. And T.D. I'll definitely let you know when we plan on going.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
There are some trails South of Quartzsite in the Kofa wild life refuge that we would be fun. Not really very technical except maybe a few spots. I would want to camp out as well. There is a bunch of old cabins that are open to the public, first come first serve. I brought fuel with me on the last run and probably needed it. The trails I am thinking of would be about 10 hours of wheeling. This would have to be a two day trip. I have posted some of the pic in the this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Martinez Canyon-img_0783.jpg   Martinez Canyon-img_0798.jpg   Martinez Canyon-img_0778.jpg   Martinez Canyon-img_0772.jpg   Martinez Canyon-img_0787.jpg  

Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Pending the dates my self and a couple others would be interested.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
What about the Saturday after Thanksgiving?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
RAGE!!!!

Sunday after Thanksgiving might be good. We are looking to run more Technical trails but might do 2 day and hit some of the scenic ones.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
KTM Rider
sdwiredog is on a distinguished road

Army: 4/29 Field Artillery-Commo
Name: Scott
sdwiredog's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep an eye on this. I am interested and will probably go.