R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

So did this to Whit today....

Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
So did this to Whit today....

Project mini Whit hath beginith....minus shearing off three total lug studs on two different wheels it went pretty smoothly. Shes dropped 1" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. Now to save up for Xrunner Billys, DJM 3/4, QA1's, and XXR 530 18x8.75 and tires.
Attached Thumbnails
So did this to Whit today....-lowered-day-1.0.jpg   So did this to Whit today....-lowered-day-1.1.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Torqued them to 105 ft/lbs like I always do.... just think the weight of the 32's and the 150k on the clicker finally got to it.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man but drop that bitch! If sparks dont fly it rides to high.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Peanut butter mini time

working on that unless you got 600 for the djm kit that I can have?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Air Bags... Adjustable suspension is awesome.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Air Bags... Adjustable suspension is awesome.
Except we live in the desert, where its dry, and air lines break all the time becuase of the heat. On top of the fact that this is my daily. STATIC 4.5/5.5 is total win for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Nice now I'm not the only lowered TW memeber in AZ any more.
Yeah and so far I have gone 80 miles on half of a quarter tank of gas. FUCKING AWESOME!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Except we live in the desert, where its dry, and air lines break all the time becuase of the heat. On top of the fact that this is my daily. STATIC 4.5/5.5 is total win for me

Yeah and so far I have gone 80 miles on half of a quarter tank of gas. FUCKING AWESOME!
1/8th....
Old 09-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hum.. I ran bags on a civic for 2 years, didn't blow one line or bag.

Ran bags on my 98taco, it had bags on it for over 5 years between previous owner and I, he popped 1 bag because it got pinched and ripped.

I've never ran into issue of rotted bags. And even then it takes all of about 10 min to swap a bag on a Tacoma. Maybe the people you get your air bags form make their shit in China but good quality parts won't have issues here.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Hum.. I ran bags on a civic for 2 years, didn't blow one line or bag.

Ran bags on my 98taco, it had bags on it for over 5 years between previous owner and I, he popped 1 bag because it got pinched and ripped.

I've never ran into issue of rotted bags. And even then it takes all of about 10 min to swap a bag on a Tacoma. Maybe the people you get your air bags form make their shit in China but good quality parts won't have issues here.

Ten minutes to swap an front bag.... you're joking right?

My buddy has a fullsize 03 on bags, strong arm uppers and lowers up front (made in the good ol USA). Both lower arms snapped, were sleeved, and then snapped again. His previous truck, airlines dried out and blew. He's a certified tech so its not like he did a hojpoj install. Arizona is too dry to have a daily bag'd in my OP.

I'll stic with the static DJM, up the anty on the sway bar, do a rear sway bar, and take whit out on some track days. That will make up for not having bags
Old 09-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ten minutes to swap an front bag.... you're joking right?

My buddy has a fullsize 03 on bags, strong arm uppers and lowers up front (made in the good ol USA). Both lower arms snapped, were sleeved, and then snapped again. His previous truck, airlines dried out and blew. He's a certified tech so its not like he did a hojpoj install. Arizona is too dry to have a daily bag'd in my OP.

I'll stic with the static DJM, up the anty on the sway bar, do a rear sway bar, and take whit out on some track days. That will make up for not having bags
On my 98Tacoma, yes about 10-15min to change a bag.. All the fender wells were cut out so you could access everything from under the hood. The rear would take a bit longer but not much.

On my civic, maybe 1hr per bag as I didn't have the fender wells cut out and its a tight fit under there. They are not hard to do and still, I know people who run bags and have been for years and years, never once had issues. I don't blame the install on your buddies truck, I blame cheap shitty parts.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
Peanut butter mini time

LOL strong arms are top dollar aftermarket control arms.....
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
1/8th....

You could call it that
Old 09-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL strong arms are top dollar aftermarket control arms.....
Those are control arms, not air bags or lines.. I"m only talking about lines/bags as that I'd hope control arms do not get screwed up from the heat here