R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

STOLEN! In Phoenix :(

Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #101
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
This thread makes me want to put in a fuel pump kill switch.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #102
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
This thread makes me want to put in a fuel pump kill switch.
That won't stop them from dragging it up onto a flatbed though.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #103
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
That won't stop them from dragging it up onto a flatbed though.
I've heard this is the preferred method of choice for cars that are getting chop shopped now. Nobody blinks an eye at a tow truck today with all the repos and stuff going on, but messing with door locks and wires is a little more suspicious...
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #104
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
I know it is not legal here..

But...

Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #105
Azdesert50 will become famous soon enoughAzdesert50 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
Azdesert50's Tacoma Gallery
Best way to not get a truck stolen buy a police boot for the wheels(they may strip it and take 3 wheels) but the truck cant be towed without damage.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #106
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdesert50 View Post
Best way to not get a truck stolen buy a police boot for the wheels(they may strip it and take 3 wheels) but the truck cant be towed without damage.
There are plenty of ways to get that boot off. I watched my buddy in Denver air his tire down, drive forward about a foot, boot slipped right off.. Scratched the inside of his wheel but who cares since you can't see that part anyways.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #107
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Tjat sucks man I had my 82 stolen till I found it on craigslist setup a test drive verified my vin than opened a can of whoop on the dude that stole it and the cops didn't even give me a ticket and my truck wasn't damaged at all
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #108
1967FB is on a distinguished road
1967FB's Tacoma Gallery
Stolen

Sorry to hear about the theft. Put a Ravelco on my 2008 TRD Sport a couple of months after I got it. Researched and found not one vehicle stolen equipped with one. Usually people will be pretty ticked if they spent a bunch of money on a security device that didn't work...at least I would. No negative stuff anywhere on the web about Ravelco. I live in a fairly secure place but anytime the truck is parked, the plug is on my pocket. The thief can have a key, computer to swap, or anything else he wants but time enough to defeat it. All the connections are under the hood. Short of a tow truck, mine goes nowhere without me.

Cutting the wheels all the way one direction would require they break the steering lock/ignition. Sounds like they didn't do that in your case. I would feel violated as you do. Hope the new ride you find stays secure. Just my two cents on what I think works. Check out the Ravelco.com web site. May or may not be for you. My niece had her Civic stolen twice in the Phoenix area. Guess just about everybody knows someone with a theft story.