Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

The Taco Salute!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
mojoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
mojoe's Tacoma Gallery
The Taco Salute!

So I've been kinda disappointed at the lack of camaraderie on the road amongst the Tacoma drivers. I've been driving a motorcycle in Arizona the past 2 years and salute everyone on a bike as I pass AND GUESS WHAT? They all salute back! Granted there's varying degrees of salutes amongst different riders, my favorite is the two finger road point.

Whenever I pass a fellow Taco rider, I wave and I'll I get is a dumbfounded look like "why the frack is this dude waving at me?" So I propose a salute, what say you?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I try to hit up modded tacos... there's too many stock looking ones and they tend to ignore anyway. For that matter, any legit looking modified off-road vehicle I'll give a nod, rock sign, or something too and usually returned. Sometimes I'm flat out not looking at the oncoming cars that closely other than "object there" type of mode...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel man. I tried doing a whats up with this guy with another Taco and all he did was blast off the light when it turned green. I was like fuck you to then.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Town Drunk
TJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to behold

Army: ABN & AASLT
Name: Tim
TJBJ11's Tacoma Gallery
i call them taco dueces. two fingers casually swung out to greet an oncoming tacoma owner. 10% wave back, 15% flash their high beams, and 85% look confused and drive on. but those 15% are the ones that keep me going. Theyre the ones that understand.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I used to waive at dudes with nice cars, modded Tacos, sweet looking Jeeps and shit all the time. 95% of the time they either totally ignored me or looked at me like, "what the fuck is your deal?" I'm not talking a gay waive either like "HEYY HELLO I SHOULD KNOW YOU!!", I'm talking the two-finger salute, a nod, a thumbs up, whatever. I've even leaned out my window at red lights to say "nice car!" to old farts with classics or whatever and half the time they don't even make eye contact even though you know damn well they heard you. So, I've given up. Unless they make eye contact first or do some kind of waive on their own I don't even bother.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
mojoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
mojoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBJ11 View Post
i call them taco dueces. two fingers casually swung out to greet an oncoming tacoma owner. 10% wave back, 15% flash their high beams, and 85% look confused and drive on. but those 15% are the ones that keep me going. Theyre the ones that understand.
Ok, I like where we are going with this. "Taco Deuces", "Deuce Tacos"... Maybe it should be a double flash of the high beams?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats 110%
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've tried coming up with something since I too ride a bike in Az and love the finger point when passing other bikes.

I typically wave frantically like an insane person at any Tacoma I see with a mod done to it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I've tried coming up with something since I too ride a bike in Az and love the finger point when passing other bikes.

I typically wave frantically like an insane person at any Tacoma I see with a mod done to it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Give them the one finger salute and I promise, you'll have much better odds with them returning the gesture in kind. I would expect at least a 90% success rate with my method.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Yup, that's pretty much what I do
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Town Drunk
TJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to behold

Army: ABN & AASLT
Name: Tim
TJBJ11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
thats 110%
thanks for pointing out that i suck at math!

but for the record...
"60% of the time, it works every time."
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
I agree on the taco camaraderie! I always give a thumbsup or hangten when I see a modded taco and usually half the time I get some kind of response back (nod, wave, thumbsup, finger). The other half I just get weird looks or they speed up to get away from me..
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Maybe, just maybe the reason some guys don't wave back is because the whole waving thing seems kinda gay... just sayin.
Super gay.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Lets be smug about our tacos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHKU4znvo8?version=3
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I think the main reason is because of the production numbers of these vehicles, it is not like they are small run limited production trucks. When I had my STI there was always the camaraderie because there just aren't a ton of them around...yeah I know they are not "rare" or anything. I am just saying that modded Tacos are probably easier to get a wave from rather than your everyday driver...

Just my .02
Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks for pointing out that i suck at math!

but for the record...
"60% of the time, it works every time."
LOL