Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Newbie question in AZ.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Hunter66 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
Hunter66's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie question in AZ.

Just got a new Prerunner double cab and am looking to raise/level the front with some bilstein 5100's. Can anyone recommend a shop who could do the install and alignment?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new truck. Welcome from Alabama
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
We just had a mod day. What part of Phoenix are you in? I know sierra expeditions in Tempe/Mesa does good work with suspension installs.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The install is easy to do yourself...just need a coil compressor and some hand tools

But yeah, Sierra Expeditions is where I'd go
Old 10-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I can install them for you if you want. I did my own.
Lol
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
The install is easy to do yourself...just need a coil compressor and some hand tools

Just an FYI the spring compressor from Vatozone doesn't fit very well. Tried to do Joshes top plate spacer (needed longer bolts) this weekend and it was a nightmare to get it to fit. He took it into a shop and they hooked him up.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

Agreed
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Agreed

Bring it down!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Hunter66 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
Hunter66's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input. I am in Central Phoenix, and right now I just wanted to raise the front of the truck 1.75 inches to level it with the back, so I thought I would go with the Bilstein 5100 in the front and for now, just leave the back as is. Any ideas what Sierra Expeditions would charge just to do this. I also understand that a realignment will also need to be done. Do they do this as well? Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Just an FYI the spring compressor from Vatozone doesn't fit very well. Tried to do Joshes top plate spacer (needed longer bolts) this weekend and it was a nightmare to get it to fit. He took it into a shop and they hooked him up.
Yeah.. I took it to Napa.. and had them compress, install the extended studs and put the spring back on.. it literally cost me a 12 pack of beer. Dude was pretty cool and even had a first Gen single cab 4x4 with a ton of armor and custom rack and bumpers.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Yeah.. I took it to Napa.. and had them compress, install the extended studs and put the spring back on.. it literally cost me a 12 pack of beer. Dude was pretty cool and even had a first Gen single cab 4x4 with a ton of armor and custom rack and bumpers.
He isn't joking, the guy took a 12 pack of bud light as payment. Now that's a deal!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post

Bring it down!
this guy...