R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Anyone in Phoenix running Light Racing UCA's?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in Phoenix running Light Racing UCA's?

I just got some Light Racing UCA's and I am wondering if there is anyone running the same arms in Phoenix area and where you got these aligned. I would like to go to a shop which has experience with these, since they have wide variety of adjustment. I have a feeling most shops wont even touch these arms...
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Try Shumans auto clinic in Tempe. They have experiance with them, and are good about getting the alignment where it should be.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
you can also try network alignment on cavecreek road, depending on what side of town you're on.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Schuman's gave me attitude last time I was there since I didn't want toyota spec's!

Took some convincing is all.....good guys though!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

When I install the LR UCA's should I leave the caster at "0" or should I adjust it myself before going to the shop?

Here are my current alignment numbers;

Here are the instructions for LR arms;

Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
We take all the builds we do to Network Alignment on Gilbert. They are usually spot on with whatever we send to them.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Nom Nom Nom

I went to Shumans, had to go to Mesa from central phoenix, so it was on my way. Below are the final numbers. I am running Bilstein 5100's set to 0.85 with OME 8885x and Light Racing UCA.

What do you guys think about these numbers?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
I went to Shumans, had to go to Mesa from central phoenix, so it was on my way. Below are the final numbers. I am running Bilstein 5100's set to 0.85 with OME 8885x and Light Racing UCA.

What do you guys think about these numbers?
Can't see them!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I have LR's.. and went to Shumans.. and wouldn't recommend them. They aligned them. But I have rubbing at the back of the fender. Went back to explain that they can adjust them more accurately.. and they wanted none of it. So I left. They wouldn't even attempt. So next place I'm going is Network. Just haven't had time lately. Plus, it only rubs when wheeling and the occasional flex through driveways turning.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
I have LR's.. and went to Shumans.. and wouldn't recommend them. They aligned them. But I have rubbing at the back of the fender. Went back to explain that they can adjust them more accurately.. and they wanted none of it. So I left. They wouldn't even attempt. So next place I'm going is Network. Just haven't had time lately. Plus, it only rubs when wheeling and the occasional flex through driveways turning.
I had the same rubbing problem with 255-85-16s after I installed Total Chaos UCAs, I think it is a problem from moving the ball joint with the aftermarket UCAs backward to achieve the needed caster.
Perhaps they can take a couple tenths of degrees back out to help clear but then you lose the caster needed.
Kind of a problem and I will be doing cab mount chop soon to solve the rub cause I want the caster, big tires, and a little lift, so this is what I need to do to have all three.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
That's exactly what they do. You lose a little caster to gain clearance at the back fender.

I also have the cab mount chop done.. it helps with clearance at full lock, but it still rubs the fender, due to the caster. Shumans won't even attempt to look into it. Shame because they did a good job and were friendly.