Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Recommendations on a good shop for a Lift

Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
flynnstone is on a distinguished road
Name: Marv
flynnstone's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations on a good shop for a Lift

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2013 Tacoma DCSB, TRD Sport,V6, 4x2, and am curious who you guys would all recommend to install a suspension lift here in the valley? I work like a madman and dont have the time to do it myself, but i've heard decent things about SDHQ and 4WheelParts. Just want to make sure i use a reputable shop that wont turn my new truck into a hackjob.

I'm leaning towards the Fabtech 6" lift with coilovers, and 35x12.50's. The truck will be 90% highway, 10% offroad, and i'd like to retain the ride quality as much as possible.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
If you need some solid information check out sierra expeditions they won't steer you wrong.extremely trust worthy and quality work.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
You spent the $$ on a 2013 truck? Spend a few more. KIngs up front (TC uppers) Deaver in back with a quality shock. Ride quality wont change and your truck will be tight!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
give me a call Marv, 480-968-9689
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Your front yard is the best place to go. Learn some stuff. Lots of how to's are on this sight.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
You spent the $$ on a 2013 truck? Spend a few more. KIngs up front (TC uppers) Deaver in back with a quality shock. Ride quality wont change and your truck will be tight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
give me a call Marv, 480-968-9689
these guys helped me out a bunch today, called today, they are having gears delivered to a shop by me tomorrow morning. couldnt have been more helpful!
i also suggest Bytor custom truck, they are in scottsdale and they do everything technical with my truck. great guys, always walked away happy!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Your front yard is the best place to go. Learn some stuff. Lots of how to's are on this sight.
little bit harder to install a drop bracket than a normal 3 inch lift.
i would assume most couldnt do it. requires cutting, etc
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
little bit harder to install a drop bracket than a normal 3 inch lift.
i would assume most couldnt do it. requires cutting, etc
I just do stuff.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Marv since you're 2WD I would steer you away from the 6" Drop bracket lift and more towards a 4" spindle and a quality leaf pack and rear shocks. If from there you still wanted to go taller we could drop in a Coilover up front to get you a couple more inches. A kit like this would not require any cutting like the ProComp would, you would have much better ground clearance off road and would ride much better than the 6" kit would. Shoot me a PM or give me a call and we can discuss some options but I am confident that we can get you in something that will perform awesome both on and offroad!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I would listen to them, they know thier stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
He said that he doesn't have time to do it, not the know how...
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Camburg spindles installed at Sierra expeditions since I live in an apartment and had no tools. They did great work.

This is how my stance is with the Camburgs, one inch of preload and the allpro standard leaf pack.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
Marv since you're 2WD I would steer you away from the 6" Drop bracket lift and more towards a 4" spindle and a quality leaf pack and rear shocks. If from there you still wanted to go taller we could drop in a Coilover up front to get you a couple more inches. A kit like this would not require any cutting like the ProComp would, you would have much better ground clearance off road and would ride much better than the 6" kit would. Shoot me a PM or give me a call and we can discuss some options but I am confident that we can get you in something that will perform awesome both on and offroad!
this^^ and thisVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Stay FAR far away from 4wheelparts. Those guys could totally fuck up a wet dream!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
Thanks everyone for the info. Ive been researching lifts and really like the stance of a 6", and being able to run 35's. I know the fabtech/drop bracket lifts arent very popular around here, however a 4-5 inch lift with coilovers and new leaf packs sounds good. Its important it rides well on the street.

Sierra Expeditions, i'll give you a ring tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with spindle's and some preload from coil overs to get some more lift, and a 3 inch leaf pack for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnstone View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. Ive been researching lifts and really like the stance of a 6", and being able to run 35's. I know the fabtech/drop bracket lifts arent very popular around here, however a 4-5 inch lift with coilovers and new leaf packs sounds good. Its important it rides well on the street.

Sierra Expeditions, i'll give you a ring tomorrow.
just so you know, you will have much better ride quality with spindles, coilovers, and a leaf pack will be much much better than a drop bracket lift
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
just so you know, you will have much better ride quality with spindles, coilovers, and a leaf pack will be much much better than a drop bracket lift
This is very true.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
How much do coilovers typcally cost, and which do you guys prefer? Icon, King or Fox?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
and what size lift/tires is this setup?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnstone View Post
and what size lift/tires is this setup?

this is a 3" lift and 33" tires.