R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Florence-Oracle Evening/Night Run

Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Florence-Oracle Evening/Night Run

Who: Bring the Family!

What: "Prerunner" Style trip/exploring some new roads between Florence and Oracle Junction

When: January 19th, 2013.

The plan would be for this to happen on a Saturday with a meet up time of 3PM in front of the historic Florence Courthouse

After a brief drivers meeting we will be leaving from Florence by 3:15 which will get us to the Main trailhead by 3:30PM, the trail starts by running along the 79 highway for approx 25 miles before it starts to get slower at "staging area #2". There are several really cool and safe places along this road for those interested in shooting photos to set up. As it is nearly impossible to get lost along this section we will be sending the trucks out in 2 minute intervals to avoid traveling in heavy dust and allow those who want to take pics to get some good shots. Once the road comes to a Y we will stop and regroup at "staging area 2". (Depending on time and interest level we can cruise this area a couple of times allowing those that want to take pictures to get a few shots and switch up spots.)

At this point we will head North towards Globe. We will go "exploring" for a little out in this area before turning back. Immediately across the 79 from the second staging area is a great short section of road with a few jumps people can hit if you want.

Around 6PM we will get back on the original trail and head south towards Oracle. The road in this section is a little rougher than before so speeds will be slower and could even require 4wd in spots. We will end the first part of the run at the Cadillac Chaparral Restaurant for dinner.

https://plus.google.com/110500521911...ut?gl=us&hl=en

After dinner those who want to can repeat parts of the trail we ran earlier in the day including the road along the 79 and parts of the area we explored. We will end the run back in Florence hopefully by 10pm.

Maps and a schedule will be provided at the drivers meeting before the run.

Required Equipment:

Full Size Spare Tire and the means to change it
Tow Strap
A prepped truck
A positive attitude

Suggested Equipment:

Upgraded suspension
Skid Plates
upgraded tires
HAM Radio
GPS (even a simple Garmin will do, this is to leave "bread crumbs in case you become separated from the group at any point)
Off Road Lights
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Pending the date I might be in on this.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Paden you got a HAM?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I am in pending the date. Will a CB be helpful. And I need to get my full sized spare mounted.

PS, why a night run in the winter?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Damn it! I dont think I will be available until Jan.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
I edited the op to set the date for the middle of january.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
I am in pending the date. Will a CB be helpful. And I need to get my full sized spare mounted.

PS, why a night run in the winter?
night runs are the shit, thats why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
I edited the op to set the date for the middle of january.
in.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sierra Expeditions
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
SO MUCH POPCORN
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #13
tacobeau is on a distinguished road

Name: beau
tacobeau's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to go. is it okay if my dad goes in his dodge? lol
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
We should create a list for tracking. I'm in.

1. BMOC (Paden)
2. Kyouto42 (Jake)
3. 97yota4wd (Eric)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If that's my weekend off I should be in.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
tacobeau is on a distinguished road

Name: beau
tacobeau's Tacoma Gallery
1. BMOC (Paden)
2. Kyouto42 (Jake)
3. 97yota4wd (Eric)
4. tacobeau (beau) if im off
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
going green :D
amad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud ofamad4x4 has much to be proud of

Name: Ashley
amad4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in if I have the day off. Are there hotels in the area if I don't want to head back to the west valley?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Yea, there are hotels in Oro Valley (maybe 20mi toward Tucson from Oracle), and of course plenty in Tucson.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #19
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Deff want to do this....I should be off weekends in January!

1. BMOC (Paden)
2. Kyouto42 (Jake)
3. 97yota4wd (Eric)
5. Sublime (Mike) I should be off
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
1. BMOC (Paden)
2. Kyouto42 (Jake)
3. 97yota4wd (Eric)
5. Sublime (Mike) I should be off
6.nofords08(Patrick) if I'm off