Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Icon rears

Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
mantacosaz is on a distinguished road
Name: steve
mantacosaz's Tacoma Gallery
Icon rears

I have a question about icon rear 2.5s.. mine seem to take bigger "bumps" very harsh. Now when i add about a 150 pounds to the back they ride better. Are the shocks maxed on travel all the time at ride height or what?? Also the first set was an inch long on the shock body the first set i got and they would bottom!!! Any comment on icons and my problem??
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Take pic's....They bottom out at ride heigth? Doesn't sound right. I believe they measure 14" collapsed & 24" extended (in that range) and you could be hitting your bump stops?

Also, the valving in them may be too stiff unloaded for whatever leafs you have back there?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
AZDirtyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ricky
AZDirtyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check your PSI. Mine were WAY off from the factory. Driver side wouldn't budge if I jumped up and down on that side of the bed and the passenger side barely moved. Checked the pressure with a high pressure gauge and they came in at 450psi and 375psi... Generally speaking, the rears should be in a range of 100-200psi range depending on your use. My front were similarly out control high as well. I drove my truck several thousand miles like I was driving a brick down the road. I run 125 in the rear and 150 up front now. The truck handles night and day. Good luck!