1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon rears

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by mantacosaz, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dec 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    mantacosaz

mantacosaz [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    san tan
    Vehicle:
    12 dbcb sb prerunner trd
    I have a question about icon rear 2.5s.. mine seem to take bigger "bumps" very harsh. Now when i add about a 150 pounds to the back they ride better. Are the shocks maxed on travel all the time at ride height or what?? Also the first set was an inch long on the shock body the first set i got and they would bottom!!! Any comment on icons and my problem??

2. Dec 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Take pic's....They bottom out at ride heigth? Doesn't sound right. I believe they measure 14" collapsed & 24" extended (in that range) and you could be hitting your bump stops?

Also, the valving in them may be too stiff unloaded for whatever leafs you have back there?

3. Dec 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    AZDirtyTaco

AZDirtyTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Stage 4 ICON 2.5 w/ remote resi front/rear - ICON AAL - Camburg UCA - 275R17 Nitto Trail Grappler's on ATX Artillary's
    Check your PSI. Mine were WAY off from the factory. Driver side wouldn't budge if I jumped up and down on that side of the bed and the passenger side barely moved. Checked the pressure with a high pressure gauge and they came in at 450psi and 375psi... Generally speaking, the rears should be in a range of 100-200psi range depending on your use. My front were similarly out control high as well. I drove my truck several thousand miles like I was driving a brick down the road. I run 125 in the rear and 150 up front now. The truck handles night and day. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top