R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #381
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well when I was at the store they were telling me the big differance between the 2 and 3 is the processor and the bump to transfer data feature. I dont know if the processor speed and dual vs quad core is enough to persuade both her and I. She is very conservative when it comes to phones. She doesnt like to spend a whole lot on them and keeps them for years. Is the S2 a good phone? She says it is worlds better than her old my touch 4g and will only cost 14 dollars.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #382
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Get the s3 if you're keeping it 2 years. Android will slow down with updates over time... And apps demand more power with updates too. Small price for more future proof
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #383
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Get the s3 if you're keeping it 2 years. Android will slow down with updates over time... And apps demand more power with updates too. Small price for more future proof
True, Also why we were leaning towards the nexus 4. Rep said it is a google phone and google controls the android market so it will always get the updates. It also has the quad core processor.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #384
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The nexus is a nice piece of kit... but what the rep said is pure salesman bs with zero backing. There is no guarantee it will get all the android updates or not... entirely up to LG and what they do (as they manufactured it). Also up to the carriers to push the updates. Granted, if you root you can update virtually any android phone to new revs given some time for the community to get them tweaked. However, sometimes you don't want the new updates... as it could cause serious performance issues as tech keeps getting faster.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #385
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
So do we have any MacBook experts in this site? I am looking at getting a Pro soon I have some questions...
I'm pretty good with Mac's now. What's the questions you have? I might be able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post

^this.. Unless you plan on rooting and going with custom roms/apk's. then I'd get an S3.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #386

Not planning on rooting or doing anything custom. So i guess S3 it is
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #388
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yup.. The s2 is a great, but you'll have to put a custom rom and tweak it to make it handle apps in the next year without issues. The s3 will be good for a few years.

And if you do ever want to tweak the s3, I just so happen to know a guy who can do that for ya...
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #389
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Yes I have a Mac book Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
X2
So I do mainly photo editing and some simple video editing. Wil a 13 Pro be able to ahndle that? Or should I look for a 15? Also when is the next version coming out?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #390
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I do mainly photo editing and some simple video editing. Wil a 13 Pro be able to ahndle that? Or should I look for a 15? Also when is the next version coming out?
Usually end of summer they come out with new ones. I do all my photo edits on my 13". I also carry it frequently, so needed it to be small. Good bit is you can always hook it up to a tv or monitor if needing larger edits. I went with the 2.3gHz i5 processor and 8 gigs of ram. Going on two years strong, minus I'll need a new battery soon.....apparently I use mine more than the average user, by a lot.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Yup.. The s2 is a great, but you'll have to put a custom rom and tweak it to make it handle apps in the next year without issues. The s3 will be good for a few years.

And if you do ever want to tweak the s3, I just so happen to know a guy who can do that for ya...
Say we end up with the s2. What would be the cost for these upgrades?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #392
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
13 vs 15 is just going to be a preference.

For photo editing, heavy photoshop effects rendering, I suggest the most ram you can afford. Just depends but the Mac Books are great hardware, I just hate apple software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Say we end up with the s2. What would be the cost for these upgrades?
All free if you go online and read up on how to do it.. Samsung is the most simple to root/hack out of every manufacture and thanks to Odin, impossible to brick for the most part.

If you want me to do it, it will take beer.

Otherwise I'd start reading here.

http://rootzwiki.com/forum/95-galaxy-s-ii-all-variants/
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #394
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I got bored last, so who wants to laugh at my bad photoshop skills?
Photoshop is a lot of work to learn to get good at it.. Keep trying.

What I'd suggest is get your truck pic's taken at the same time of day as fast as you can from the angles you want so the colors are closer. Then use the magic wand to crop out the trucks, hide your background and start trying to get the color/hue/tone to match up correctly.

There is a photoshop request thread somewhere on TW if you want someone to make you a bad ass sig.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #395
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Photoshop is a lot of work to learn to get good at it.. Keep trying.

What I'd suggest is get your truck pic's taken at the same time of day as fast as you can from the angles you want so the colors are closer. Then use the magic wand to crop out the trucks, hide your background and start trying to get the color/hue/tone to match up correctly.

There is a photoshop request thread somewhere on TW if you want someone to make you a bad ass sig.
Yea man I agree. Using 3 different pics isnt the best idea, but whenever I get bored photoshop is a fun way to kill some time.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #396
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Is is great way to kill a lot of time.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #397
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
So I am starting to spec out a new rig...Case/Power Supply/Etc...I would like to keep my business local if possible...anyone recommend a good local shop to purchase parts outside of Fry's/online etc? I will build myself but want the guts to come from a local mom/pop shop. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #398
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHornet View Post
So I am starting to spec out a new rig...Case/Power Supply/Etc...I would like to keep my business local if possible...anyone recommend a good local shop to purchase parts outside of Fry's/online etc? I will build myself but want the guts to come from a local mom/pop shop. Thanks.
I never buy PC parts local unless its needed right meow. Costs to damn much typically.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #399
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHornet View Post

you should get your power supply cables sleeved
Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #400
Iron Beard

Quote:
I never buy PC parts local unless its needed right meow. Costs to damn much typically.
Same... I get everything on newegg/amazon typically as it's so much cheaper. Also.... All the shops I knew of locally I think closed up several years ago (aside from Fry's lol).

Except my CPU of course... that's about as local as it gets as we built it in Chandler

Products Discussed in this Thread