R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #481
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I heard bits of that too... and if it is true... ill be going back to PS
.. or just keep my 360. F the new and upcoming.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #482
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You had me at plexiglass.

My only fear is that if a rock were to fling through the plexi it could be bad.

I need a riding lawnmower.

i like that idea
Was reading about the new xbox. Not sure how true this is but it stated that you will not be able to play used games on it. So once you buy the game it is yours for life. Can't sell it, can't transfer it, can't play it on another Xbox without calling into MS and having them 'transfer' the game over to the new unit. AND the best part, you can't play games unless you are online, period. Even if its a fighting game with no online game play you still have to sign into Live to play. Not sure how true this is as there are tons of people who own consoles but do not play online (me for example). If these rumors are true, MS just shot themselves in the foot.
If it is true then MS sucks, I'd like to be able to take my console on road trips and use it.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #483
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, PS3's biggest downfall so far is no backwards compatibility.

Oh and of course, no Bluray support on the new Xbox.

Edit: Same here, well with my PS3.. But I take it out all when I go out of town or stay in hotels.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #484
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think ms would be that retarded to have the Xbox so locked down.. But who knows.
I need some more ps3 games.i never play the damn thing. Are they hard to load games into?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #485
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
I don't think ms would be that retarded to have the Xbox so locked down.. But who knows.
I need some more ps3 games.i never play the damn thing. Are they hard to load games into?
MS is that stupid. Don't forget the first xbox 360 failure rate due to an 'x-brace' that they claimed they 'tested'. 68 out of every 100 xbox360's would get the Red Ring of Death. That company is a bunch of monkey's, high on acid, trying to butt fuck a washing machine. MS is like Paris Hilton. You don't have to be smart to be famous, just have loads of cash. MS has DEEP pockets.

If by loading games you are referring to putting them into the HDD, yes you can do that but you loose all online access for everything. The reason the PS3 is updating so much it to stop people from doing that and they have it nice and locked down. So yeah, you can hack them, but you loose a lot of the functionally of the machine.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #486
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I've heard alot of new Xbox rumors. Such as there won't be "discs" so since GameStop won't be selling the games they won't carry the system? Idk
I never believe anything until I see it for myself

We don't have to use plexiglass, we can use THICK lexan! It'll be strong enough
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #487
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
Dbl post. Sorry
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #488
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
lol...
wel then I guess ill leave my ps3 alone :\
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #489
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah if you use the PS3 for anything other than gaming (non-online) don't hack it.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #490
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Yeah. I heard bits of that too... and if it is true... ill be going back to PS
.. or just keep my 360. F the new and upcoming.
This. I am most likely going to buy the current 360 in the "Star Wars Edition", and say F U DB's to Microsoft from here on out.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #491
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Colby now that I have weekends off again finally one of these days want to show me how to root my evo?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #492
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh it can get a lot worse than this lol..
this is the reason i subbed to the AZ bs thread, and nothing
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #493
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Colby now that I have weekends off again finally one of these days want to show me how to root my evo?
You still have an EVO!!!! j/k

The 3D one right? Yeah one weekend I'll be more than happy to show you how to root that.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #494
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You still have an EVO!!!! j/k

The 3D one right? Yeah one weekend I'll be more than happy to show you how to root that.
Yeah the 3d.

I have it because I don't want to switch to verizon and then a neew phone come out. So far the evo 3D has been fine for my needs. But I think I am going to wait until the S4 comes out to upgrade then getting a s3 now and something new coming out right after.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #495
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yeah the 3d.

I have it because I don't want to switch to verizon and then a neew phone come out. So far the evo 3D has been fine for my needs. But I think I am going to wait until the S4 comes out to upgrade then getting a s3 now and something new coming out right after.
Honestly, unless you like the 'eye' features of the S4 I wouldn't get it. The S3's are cheap, great phones, and did I mention cheap? Honestly I'd get an S3 and ditch that Evo 3d since a new S3 is like 99$. The S4 is nice, but not enough hardware upgrades to make it worth the price and all that eye stuff in it is a big gimmick that you'll never use.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #496
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts on Galaxy S4?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #497
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Pass.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #498
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I clearly missed the post above mine lol
Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #499
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Looks like I have to RMA my S3 :/

Damn headphone jack is shorting out. Bleh.

Also that cover for the S4 that only turns part of the screen on for notifications/time/ect is pretty nifty, and the screen seems nice too. Not worth the cost of admission though...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #500
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Does anyone have a decent phone (Verizon) I could borrow for a week or two while mine is doing warranty repair? >.>

Products Discussed in this Thread